The new theater event thing.

So DCI announced that they will be doing something different with the theator event this year, and it will be held June 20 instead of like May or something. This is what I heard from a corps director that what is in the works for details.

1. On June 18th and 19th there are 2 TOC events one of thoes will be taped and broadcasted at the event.

2. Scores will not be announced at the actual event. The scores will be broadcasted LIVE in theators.

3. This will give the fans a sneak preveiw of the upcoming DCI season, and will get people all excited about the upcoming season

Ok ok I know the details are REALLY rough but that is what I heard was being disscussed. It is proably wrong, but we shall see once they actually annouce it.

So DCI announced that they will be doing something different with the theator event this year, and it will be held June 20 instead of like May or something. This is what I heard from a corps director that what is in the works for details.

1. On June 18th and 19th there are 2 TOC events one of thoes will be taped and broadcasted at the event.

2. Scores will not be announced at the actual event. The scores will be broadcasted LIVE in theators.

3. This will give the fans a sneak preveiw of the upcoming DCI season, and will get people all excited about the upcoming season

Ok ok I know the details are REALLY rough but that is what I heard was being disscussed. It is proably wrong, but we shall see once they actually annouce it.

If true, it'll be the first time that I can recall a competitor in a competition wouldn't know their score and placement for a day or two. I'd have to imagine that it won't be a total secret for a day or two and at least some on the staff of the competing TOC Corps will know what the scores and placements were the night of the competition and before the Corps busses rolled out of the parking lot for the next gig. And good luck trying to keep scores and placements in a show secret from fans for an hour or two, let alone a day or two. ( haha )

Edited by BRASSO

Only one missing is Madison.

Mike

I like Crown, Blue Stars, Bluecoats. I just don't remember when they were crowned DCI " Champions ". But it's really no big deal, imo... what they want to call themselves. There are other issues more important than a name for this grouping. I would have gone with a more appropriate name for their Group. But like I said, I see the name as no big deal really.

Edited by BRASSO

Anyways, event looks like a lot of fun, and a good chance to get groups (read: band kids) to see current DCI, not just previous years.

Mike

Don't they already have that opportunity with Quarterfinals? But I agree more opportunities is better. 

Anyways, event looks like a lot of fun, and a good chance to get groups (read: band kids) to see current DCI, not just previous years.

Mike

I hope the young's attendance this year for the DCI theatre show production is better than last year.

The theatre I went to with friends last year to watch the DCI show had more ticket takers under the age of 22, than ticket givers.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

I like Crown, Blue Stars, Bluecoats. I just don't remember when they were crowned DCI " Champions ". But it's really no big deal, imo... what they want to call themselves. There are other issues more important than a name for this grouping. I would have gone with a more appropriate name for their Group. But like I said, I see the name as no big deal really.

Granted, in the grand scheme of things the TOC name is not that important; but in the grand scheme of things neither is DCI itself that important. The thing with me is that the title of "Champion" in any competitive arena is one that is earned when, for a given moment in time, you and you alone are considered the best of the best. BD, Cadets, Cavaliers, SCV, Regiment, (and the Scouts) have all "earned" that WC title. Those are the "Champions". But to get this post back on track, the June theater event sounds to me nothing more than a shortened Quarterfinals line-up from August. My "guess" is that the June event will also focus on all of the new crowd enhancement aspects as well as the shows themselves.

Edited by Stu