The new theater event thing.

Sounds pretty harsh...there sir( or maam).

Let me clarify, i dont oppose the TOC, just the name of it. Also it may have been 22 and 35 years ago, but they were still champions none the less, you cant deny Stars championship( in the past 2 decades)

As for earning it. You got it. See ya on the feild this summer. Take Care, and MYNWA.

Sigh...

More ridiculous semantical arguments that, in the end, mean nothing. Just say you're feeling slighted because you favorite corps is not included (because they have been out of the upper echelon competitively for the last several years). Stop dancing around that argument and be honest.

Also, as I've pointed out on here before, almost every corps is a DCI Champion: including Blue Stars and Crown.

Edited by perc2100
  • Like 1

Nero14: All I ask from you is consistency in using the definition. If you want to use the second part of the definition of a Champion "one who shows marked superiority" (within the context of competition), then you have to also maintain that Butler is a two-in-a-row NCAA Finals Basketball Champion; the Texas Rangers are 2010 MLB World Series Champions; the Buffalo Bills are four-in-a-row NFL Super Bowl Champions. Otherwise you are using flawed selective reasoning.

Or maybe you (and some others?) are inept when it comes to discerning proper context of english language? Adverts don't always need to tediously explain context because they assume their customers generally have a basic elementary grasp of the english language. If you personally are having problems understanding the difference, that's no one's fault but your own (and maybe your middle school english teachers, but I suspect you're just stirring things up/trolling regardless). :rolleyes:

• Like 2

So DCI announced that they will be doing something different with the theator event this year, and it will be held June 20 instead of like May or something. This is what I heard from a corps director that what is in the works for details.

1. On June 18th and 19th there are 2 TOC events one of thoes will be taped and broadcasted at the event.

2. Scores will not be announced at the actual event. The scores will be broadcasted LIVE in theators.

3. This will give the fans a sneak preveiw of the upcoming DCI season, and will get people all excited about the upcoming season

Ok ok I know the details are REALLY rough but that is what I heard was being disscussed. It is proably wrong, but we shall see once they actually annouce it.

Getting back on topic, this is a GREAT idea, IMO: it stirs up interest in the current season and delivers to the audience all of the reigning top corps' productions. I don't care if it's a "Tournament of Champions" show, something titled "Tournament of 2010's Top 8" show, or just a plain-named DCI show: seeing all the great corps in one venue is a win for all, and I will consider attending.

FWIW, I've only been to the spring theater event once (since I have most of the older shows on video/DVD and/or CD, plus FN, I can see any older shows whenever I want), but I've been to the Quarters theater even several times. I personally like seeing the current shows I don't already have ingrained in my brain. It would be cool if DCI went to this type of format this June, and I would be interested to see the difference in attendance.

I just wish we (and by we I mean those on the west coast) could get a larger line up at an actual show out here! I don't know exactly how much DCI or the Corps have to dish out to make these theater events happen, but why not spend it on getting some of the corps over here that rarely get to see the west coast. I'd love to see me some Cavies, Crown and Cadets out here in June! That would be amazing! But, for what it's worth, I'll be there for these events for sure!

I think this argument (not many Mid-West & East Coast corps tour the west in June) was covered at the live roundtable events last year. Not every corps can afford to do that tour - JUST LIKE BD & SCV not touring the Mid-West and East Coast until after the 4th of July.....remember?

Anyway, DCI chose 2 corps to tour out west EARLY this year AND we STILL dont get to see BD & SCV out east before July 4th.

You get The Cadets and Phantom Regiment (one taking northern coast shows, the other California) this year and I believe there are 2 different corps assigned for next year.

BUT STILL we do not see BD & SCV until half way throught the season in the mid-west shows.

...at least there will be some competition from the rest of DCI for the BD & SCV this June/July!

Sigh...

More ridiculous semantical arguments that, in the end, mean nothing. Just say you're feeling slighted because you favorite corps is not included (because they have been out of the upper echelon competitively for the last several years). Stop dancing around that argument and be honest.

Also, as I've pointed out on here before, almost every corps is a DCI Champion: including Blue Stars and Crown.

I see your opinion, and i respect it. Let me ask you to respect mine. I do not under-rate the talent or programs at Carolina Crown, BlueStars, and Bluecoats. They ALL have great contributions to the activity and present very entertianing shows. With that being said, Many people can complain about the name of it, but its not going to change. I know that you know that. so lets just leave it at that, shall we?

Thanks.

When i say May you never walk alone, i truely mean it. I dont intead this comment to be a backlash or anytime of argumentive form. just simply acknowledging your response.

Take care, and get excited the days til tour are winding down!

MYNWA

Edited by Tee

I think this argument (not many Mid-West & East Coast corps tour the west in June) was covered at the live roundtable events last year. Not every corps can afford to do that tour - JUST LIKE BD & SCV not touring the Mid-West and East Coast until after the 4th of July.....remember?

Anyway, DCI chose 2 corps to tour out west EARLY this year AND we STILL dont get to see BD & SCV out east before July 4th.

You get The Cadets and Phantom Regiment (one taking northern coast shows, the other California) this year and I believe there are 2 different corps assigned for next year.

BUT STILL we do not see BD & SCV until half way throught the season in the mid-west shows.

...at least there will be some competition from the rest of DCI for the BD & SCV this June/July!

But you still get to see BD and SCV late season, along with pretty much every other corps. In California there are years that we ONLY see California corps and ONLY in late June/early July. That's it. There is NO late season drum corps in the west. I fully understand the cost issue, but there are far more opportunities to see drum corps in the eastern half of the country than there are in the west.

• Like 1

What time does INT go on ?

They have placed high in EVERY championship !

Are they really playing Intermission Riff and Take 5 ?

( let those with no sense of humor flame on )

Count me as one who won't waste my money on this one.