A little advice for tour?

This may be a gender-specific issue, but tell that to the 2 or 3 guys in the Scouts hornline who got elephantitus in '96. Stuff was no joke. The doctor told them they shouldn't even have been marching in boxers. He said tighty-whitey's were the way to go.

Seriously...it was no joke.

D:

NO.

Always remember this...

When you are on tour, you are no longer representing only yourself. It does not matter if you're in your uniform or not, act as if you are the face of an entire organization. You are now representing every member who has marched in the corps before you, and every member who will march after you.

• Like 2

D:

NO.

For real. I don't want to offend anyone's sensibilities here, but one guy had one of his testicles swell to the size of a softball. I saw this with my own eyes. Not even worth the risk, IMO. I mean, it was funny...even he laughed about it...but I know he wasn't happy about how it felt.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

No one uses it becase they need it. They use it for the simple thrill of the moment.

I weaned myself off sunscreen. I'd have a bottle of 30 spf lotion that I would always use for my face all summer. I would also use that on my shoulders during spring training. I would go through about two bottles of 30 spf Target brand spray on stuff (coppertone sucks) and then down to two bottles of 15 spf spray. By the time I got through those I wouldn't need sunscreen anymore. I would sometimes still put it on shoulders and forearms since those seem to get the most sun.

ChopSaver for when you're not in the sun (or if you have the ChopSaver Gold stuff it has spf 15 or so use that) and DCT when in the sun. I'd put on lip stuff at least five times a day. Usually DCT before rehearsal and ChopSaver after rehearsal. And at night a nice lip massage with ChopSaver after a long rehearsal day is always nice.

EDIT: And underwear is stupid; don't wear it. I only wore it on free days. Two pairs of rehearsal shorts that rotate each day while the other one is drying from washing it in the shower. Roll it up in the towel and throw it in the suitcase. Unpack as soon as you get to the housing site and let that stuff dry out. Febreeze is your friend also. Instead of smelling like musty damp moldy garbage it'll make your stuff smell like musty damp moldy garbage with Febreeze on top of it.

You should always wear sunscreen. Future skin cancer is a real risk, and doing that much damage to your skin is not a good idea for even one season.

• Like 1