Which company makes the best horns for each section?

Stradbrother

I have played all brands of bugles through the years.

What is it about Dynasty bugles that makes them hated and horrible by so many?

I am a baritone player and found Dynasty's to be fine. I mean even from the 2 valve Dynasty baris and euph to 3 valve did not play any particularly different, better or worse, from Kings to Kanstuls. All horns hae their idiosyncrasies...

Do not about Bb, as I am a G bugler.

Just curious..

• 2 weeks later...

I honestly think the F Dynasty Mellos are too short. To play in tune especially anything with the first valve it needs to be way too far out. I was constantly adjusting with my embouchure- more than should be necessary. Going back to the Yamaha 203MP was like christmas...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I am a baritone player and found Dynasty's to be fine. I mean even from the 2 valve Dynasty baris and euph to 3 valve did not play any particularly different, better or worse, from Kings to Kanstuls. All horns hae their idiosyncrasies...

Just curious..

Why hated?... they where not Kanstul's :-)

Speaking as a Soprano player.

Edited by CloudHype

• 1 month later...

The regular 8335 yamaha xenos don't play that great. But the 8335rgs yamaha reverse lead pipe xeno plays great. Far superior to the kings, dynastys, especially jupiter quantums. If you've never played a 8335rgs you should check it out. Carolina Crown uses them and a few other corps. And what Kind of 2 valve sopranos are the best king dynasty olds or getzen?

Edited by Trumpcyms1993

The regular 8335 yamaha xenos don't play that great. But the 8335rgs yamaha reverse lead pipe xeno plays great. Far superior to the kings, dynastys, especially jupiter quantums. If you've never played a 8335rgs you should check it out. Carolina Crown uses them and a few other corps. And what Kind of 2 valve sopranos are the best king dynasty olds or getzen?

one of the best 2-valve sopranos that i've seen is the zig kanstul designed, made by benge (when zig was in charge of manufacturing..) american command brand that was made in the late 70's before zig went to work for king. they were chrome plated. those designs were later made by king, silver instead of chrome..

Just curious..

for me, it's the fit and finish.. my dynasty 3-valve g baritone makes terrible clanking sounds on all 3 valves. i've replaced the plastic guide blocks and pads, but it makes no difference. just a bad design..

one of the best 2-valve sopranos that i've seen is the zig kanstul designed, made by benge (when zig was in charge of manufacturing..) american command brand that was made in the late 70's before zig went to work for king. they were chrome plated. those designs were later made by king, silver instead of chrome..

Would you say the american command bugles are superior to the olds or about the same quality? Ive never played G bugles before and Im going to buy one for fun and im currently looking at 2 valve olds ultratone II an olds VR ultratone and an american command 2 valve. which one of those do think would be the best? all same price all in good condition.

This past year I played on the Corps' owned Kanstul 3-V G "Grande". Maybe it's just that I've not had enough time on it to really get into playing it. So as of now, I'd still rather be using my 4-V G DEG "Magnum" that I have at home.

I have played a Kanstul 1600 trumpet for the past six years. I am very happy with its tone, intonation and responsiveness. My only reservations are that the valves can be persnickety and the horn fills with water at a remarkable rate.

In corps, I have played Olds Ultratone valve/rotor, Kanstul three valve, and Getzen Titleist three valve sopranos. I would rank them in that order as to my preference.

Edited by Geneva