Which show in 2010 was the most underrated?

Definitely Boston. Also Mandarins, and Pac Crest.

Underated in 2010 = Glassmen. That show was good solid drumcorps, and not the "boring" cliche that so many people can't seem to get over when it comes to Glassmen.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The Cavaliers (OH MY GOD. That show was world-championship worthy.), Phantom Regiment (Extremely beautiful opener, closer.. show in general. Brought tears to my eyes.), Santa Clara Vanguard (Overall an extremely enjoyable show. Vanguard being Vanguard, which is excellence and class year after year.), Madison Scouts (I just remember watching this show and having a big, goofy grin on my face the whole time.. Especially during "Rhapsody in Blue".. God I love this show. :P)

I don't know what so many other people are talking about, but I thought 2010 was a great season for DCI..Not that there ever was a "bad" season :)

• Like 1

STAR of Indiana @ semi finals

They were my favorite performance to witness all of finals week. (Also the only performance I saw from the front that week).

Loved every second of it. Especially embarrassing my little sister because I was on my feet the whole time screaming my lungs out.

DRUM CORPS!

Cadets - Great music and visuals were discounted as many observers focused too much on just one performer.

Blue Devils - Great visual and musical performances weren't appreciated because they didn't match the prevailing tastes.

HH

• Like 1

Blue Devils - Great visual and musical performances weren't appreciated because they didn't match the prevailing tastes.

HH

I just find it difficult to put the Blue Devils ( or the Cadets, Cavaliers ) in the " most underrated " list. For me, this would be like putting the Duke Blue Devils Men's Basketball program or the Uconn Women's Basketball program in the " most underrated " college basketball category in any year with fans.

For most college basketball fans.... no can do. These programs are just too good starting out every year with the talent that they can harness and muster to be seen in this way. But thats just my take on this too.

Edited by BRASSO

Boston--interesting theme, and the "whirling dervishes" were a great visual!

Boston Crusaders would be my choice for last season as " most underrated " as well. I would have liked a little more clarity in the theme's message in the show, but thats just me. But it was an upgrade in production from them, imo.

I just find it difficult to put the Blue Devils ( or the Cadets, Cavaliers ) in the " most underrated " list...

I hear you. And most years I'd agree. This year's Devils though were prejudiced by their program. The performers' performance deserved more love from pretty much everyone except the judges - and Plan9!

HH