Membership Openings

I got a spot with a corps literally this week last year, and that corps went on to medal. So it means nothing, unless it's a pretty substantial numbers of holes.

I personally think, if you really want to march a corps right now, just shoot them an email. It can't hurt

Exactly.Corps are ultimately going to be judged by the 135 or so that are on the field, not on the 2-5 that joined up late instead of early in the off season. Besides, the drama except for the 2 or 3 that'll fight it out for the title, is who will have a show that fans enjoy. I don't see much glory in finishing a few spots higher, if the show goes over flat with audiences. I'd much rather be in a Corps a few spots down the placement rung and have the fans like the show more.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

3. You have "used up" your alternates filling unexpected holes and the next XX people on the list auditioned elsewhere and are no longer available.

#### happens -- sometimes all at once.

True. And look at the bright side here as well. With The Rapture coming tomorrow, ( " #### happens... sometimes all at once " ) all the top Corps should have lots and lots of new openings in their ranks. Opportunity knocks.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2

Teal Sound has openings for the following:

1-2nd Trumpet; 1-3rd Baritone; 1-Euph; 2 Vibes; 1 Lead Dancer/Storyteller; 4 Flags.

If interested please contact info@tealsound.org or lainey@tealsound.org to see how you can be a part of the 2011 edition of Teal Sound!!

I'm picturing people (especially guys) my age (roughly 60) looking at "lead dancer/ story teller" and saying (politely - to themselves) What the ....

Crown - Metronome Technician - "Crown is looking for a college aged student that can come to spring training and go on tour with us for the whole summer as our metronome technician. Cost? $0.00 But you really need to know how to run a DB-90 or be an aweful quick learner. Tough job, but you tour and hang with Crown all summer."

CRAP JOB PASS>>>>>>>>

• Like 1

I'm picturing people (especially guys) my age (roughly 60) looking at "lead dancer/ story teller" and saying (politely - to themselves) What the ....

It's probably a similar reaction to when today's members watch really old videos. "What the..."

• Like 2

As " lead dancers ", some of 'em could probably cut a rug in their garish looking high top shoes and bell bottom pants out on the dance floor in their disco dancing days, and some of 'em are still pretty good " story tellers " even now. But if they showed up at a Corps preseason rehearsal years ago asking to be put in the Corps as a " lead dancer " or as a " story teller " that would sure bring a howl of laughter ( or worse ). But time does not stand still, and that was then, and this is now.

Edited by BRASSO

There always seem to be openings this late due to people getting cold feet. Also there are those who have legitimate reasons that have to do with family, school or job/internship opportunities. It's different with every scenario, but it's not impossible to fill their spots. I never get too worried about it.

A little side note, Phantom had huge issues keeping tuba players throughout move-ins and still ended up having a great season with a fairly decent section. No small feat!

Did somebody call my name? :thumbup: