Class A CDL Tractor Trailer Driver Needed

Carolina Crown is looking for a Class A tractor trailer driver

Begins 6/13 for nine weeks ending 8/15 (may be able to reduce to 7 weeks ending 7/31)

Must have reasonably clean driving record

Need DOT medical card or capable of immediately obtaining

Independent contractor paid by per week rate every 2-weeks

If interested email Kevin@carolinacrown.org ASAP with:

- Name as it appears on your license

- Driver's licence # and state

- Current street address

- Email address

- Date of birth

- Summary of past driving positions

- Salary expectations

Edited by njthundrrd

As a truck driver who drove for Blue Stars last year and will be driving for them again this year, I would highly encourage anyone with a class A CDL to consider driving for a corps.

The experience I had last summer was one of the best of my life, and I felt the calling to do it all over again this summer.

These corps need drivers. You will be fed, you will get showers, you will get to sleep in your truck with air conditioning, and you get to see all the competitions for free!!! And most of all, you will become a part of something special, something more than yourself. I found a home with the Blue Stars, and I hope someone will share their summer(s) with Crown, and a couple of the other corps that need a Knight Of The Road.

BW

• Like 2

As a truck driver who drove for Blue Stars last year and will be driving for them again this year, I would highly encourage anyone with a class A CDL to consider driving for a corps.

The experience I had last summer was one of the best of my life, and I felt the calling to do it all over again this summer.

These corps need drivers. You will be fed, you will get showers, you will get to sleep in your truck with air conditioning, and you get to see all the competitions for free!!! And most of all, you will become a part of something special, something more than yourself. I found a home with the Blue Stars, and I hope someone will share their summer(s) with Crown, and a couple of the other corps that need a Knight Of The Road.

BW

All I am going to say is that I second EVERYTHING that was said above...

I drove for Scouts in '05 and for Teal in '07. The good folks at Teal wanted me back again this summer, but I just couldn't swing it. This is how I make my living and I feel badly asking a corps to compensate me in kind. As much as I'd like to, I can't afford to take a huge pay cut to drive for 2 months. So, I feel my services (personally) are too expensive.

I definitely would encourage ANYONE who has the ability to dedicate a month or two each summer to work with a corps pursuing your CDL license. I'm sure they will be more than accommodating. I personally trained a driver who drove for several more years after I trained her.

All you teachers who never marched (but are fans), go get your CDL and live the rock star life during your summers off. Can't think of a better way to spend your vacation!

Thanks guys... appreciate the support!

Do you guys know of any other drivers? :lookaround:

Thanks guys... appreciate the support!

Do you guys know of any other drivers? :lookaround:

I could give you a name and a number if you want to contact me. Shoot me a pm.

I could give you a name and a number if you want to contact me. Shoot me a pm.

Email it to me at eric@carolinacrown.org I don't check the pm's here often enough.

I'll have my license in a couple weeks!!!

I'll have my license in a couple weeks!!!

...now just because you may have a license in a couple weeks, doesn't mean you are qualified to drive a semi truck...

When I got my CDL-A in July of '05, the company I partnered with to get my CDL put me in a month-long training period with another driver. Even after driving a truck since 2005, I still consider myself a novice. There is a lot to learn about driving a truck. Driving down a clear interstate under good conditions is easy - then you get into heavy traffic, construction zones, snow, ice, and even mountain passes - and how you should drive is also dependent on the kind of load you are carrying.

The hardest part about driving for a drum corps for me, was the 4th of July parades - and I think the Blue Stars were the ONLY corps who decided it was a good idea to have their equipment semi there for the parades - I think everyone else just had their percussion equipment on the buses. So I had to maneuver around narrow residential streets, dodging cars parked on the sides of these streets, running into low-hanging branches from trees, etc. I'm glad I didn't hit anything - but came close on a couple occasions.

Anyways, I had fun, and am doing it again.

Make sure you get good training after getting your CDL - you will need as much as you can get.

Regards, BW

• Like 1