Why The Cadets are NOT searching for a $500K grant for the Cadets

Hey gang ..

i am sitting on Johnstown, Pa and I thought I would drop a note. To be honest ... we can use about 5000 of your votes to further our cause of assisting the high school music programs of the world. AND TO BE SURE, we are not just talking. If we can get hold of this $500K, we can put together a March-a-thon ( think walk for hunger etc) that will enable high schools to raise 10K, 20K, or 30K ... for their programs.

We had this plan for MARCH 4 MUSIC two years ago, but, the costs of stadium, police, food, tents, PR, etc .. are enormous. We started the plan but we had to pull the plug. This time ... we can do what we ant to do, and the bands will keep every nickel

Now, I know some bands will not do it, some will not do it well, but some ... will kick butt! They will have 100 kids with $500 worth of pledges ... and it will work!!! I have no doubt.

So ... why not a truck for the Cadets ( which we need) or a staff bus so my guys stop complaining and we can keep up with the Blue Devils :-)

Well ... we want to be bigger and better but YEA! is really about giving kids a great push along the road to magnificence. There may be some naysayers out there, and heaven knows I stick my foot in my mouth now and then ( Like a true Philly guy) ... but from the Cadets, to the Urban Arts Center and the US Scholastic Band Association ... we are and always will be about music and kids.

SO ... give us a vote. Seriously. Vote for the other corps ... for sure !!! But ... can you give one to bands!!! After all ... without bands, what the heck are we going to do for kids :-)

Here is the info --

http://apps.facebook.com/chasecommunitygiving/charities/222052456-youth-education-in-the-arts

If you have FB ... go vote and all is over!

A few Cadet notes --

We are showing the brass line and a the three uniforms tonight at 7 pm. Check it out!!! I have taken a bit of a beating over this ... but it looks pretty cool. We will also have the horn-line play a few tunes and we will have a few interviews.

OH .. and of you want other reasons to vote for YEA! and the Cadets :-)

> We post more music and pictures and info than any corps on the earth

> We made ALL ACCESS FREE!!!! All you have to do is sign up. Go check it out!!! We are revamping and working to get stuff up there .. as fast as we can.

> We did one minute on the move yesterday -- its a mess but we are on our way! ... but we need some loving :-)

and well .... did I tell you if we win this I have told the bass line I will get a tatoo on my calf. That could be worth it right there.I promise I will video all .. me crying like a baby!!! all of it!!!

So ... thank you all. I know some of you are not thrilled with my view of corps in the future or corps today, but, i guess opinions are what make the world go around; or so they say!

I appreciate the passion. I get the thrill of loud and fast!!! and I wish I could still drum ( I SUCK). I hope you love us this year. I hope the kids have the best of summers.

And I hope we are here 10 years from now to argue about the future of the activity.

THANKS FOR LISTENING ... and one more time ... please vote for YEA!! We all want these bands to do their thing. I am sure we do!!!

http://apps.facebook.com/chasecommunitygiving/charities/222052456-youth-education-in-the-arts

PS ... go to www.yea.org to get the scoop on how to see the video tonight -- its FREE!!!!!!!

and for that, we thank you. :-)

• Like 2

did I tell you if we win this I have told the bass line I will get a tatoo on my calf. That could be worth it right there.I promise I will video all .. me crying like a baby!!! all of it!!!

thats a good sell

All 5 of my votes went to drum corps. (Yes, I even voted for BD, Plan9). :tongue:

Many of us on here are involved in some manner with high school programs. Many of those programs may even be within USSBA. Having a parent who is on the school board for my district, I can say confidently... it is a scary time for music education. While things for us are safe now, who knows what will happen next year, five years, 10 years down the road.

An idea like March 4 Music could help take a significantly huge step in the direction of programs becoming more self-sufficient and less reliant on district budgets, which are being slashed across the country.

There is always lively banter on here about drum corps vs. band and whatnot. But the fact is, if high school programs start dying off, so too will corps.

PLEASE VOTE!

And thank you, Hop for your continued honesty (even though many, myself included at times, won't always agree), and your passion for music education.

Biz-umping.

While I would love to see the Cadets get a win, I feel that using this money to benefit only local bands in the Allentown area would not be very effective.

I don't think the March 4 Music will be an Allentown only event. The idea is that any band could be a part of the March 4 Music no matter their geographic location.

Edited by CuriousMe