Any word from Advisory Board Meetings?

wolfgang

well it doesnt help that people want complicate soundtracks by adding anything and everything including the kitchen sink LOL

Guard instructors need to learn to edit themselves!

I'd have to disagree... I think instructors should leave that stuff to those who know what they're doing. They should have their soundtrack "professionally" finished by the time they are ready to begin show design so they can begin design around a logical, well-edited soundtrack.

• Like 1

the one interesting one that was tabled for further discussion was that of changing the scoring ranges/numbers on all sheets.

That was a well written proposal. Lotta sense in that one

• Like 1

I'd have to disagree... I think instructors should leave that stuff to those who know what they're doing. They should have their soundtrack "professionally" finished by the time they are ready to begin show design so they can begin design around a logical, well-edited soundtrack.

not all units are in the position to hire professionals. lol and even those who do hire professionals do have some horrible soundtracks!

We would love to hire a professional to do our soundtrack! However, base price in our area is about $500 from what I've researched (this includes one or two "rewrites" or tweaks). So, we do them ourselves or ask friends who have decent sound editing software to volunteer their time to help us out.

not all units are in the position to hire professionals. lol and even those who do hire professionals do have some horrible soundtracks!