2011 Prediction Thread!

well i was born into to it too, but as I look back over the records online, I don't really see anything that says "hmm DCi did this, so DCA did too"

Hey Jeff

So here ya go I couldn't remember other instances or didn't care to so here's a new one or comparison for ya..prelims....MB / Bucs.........Coincidence......maybe or probably..... but still again I will say has happened before. Would make sense one has nothing to do with the other soooooooo maybe a consistant coincidence over the years. :tongue:

I nailed it.

I'm going with the following prediction.

renegades are clearly in a tough spot and it's hard to predict what the judges will do with them. They are going on really early and judges may leave room for the top and give them a low score. I tend to think this will work itself out on sundays show but clearly the Renegades are working behind the curve here. with that said I am really struggling where to putthem.

But here goes.

Open

MBI by a hair

Bucs

ES

Hurcs by a hair

Cabs

Renegades

Alliance

Cv

kilts

TBT

I really think 6,7 and 8th could go any direction with any of those corps swapping positions. Clearly Alliance has the momentum going in and could easily beat out Renegades for the 6th spot.

Nailed it well I did :):)

Edited by camel lips

I've not seen any corps outside the top 5 that are executing their show clean enough to break into the top 5. Further more the top 5 have some consistency in ALL captions across tHe board.

Recaps give us a road map follow.

I think if anything the top 5 corps will pull away a little more from the bottom of the pack. Not much but some. One of the reasons I site this is field coverage. THE top 5 corps will seem notably larger and cover more of the field accelerating the visual scores once the judges see them all on a given weekend. Further more from what I have seen and had reported to me they are doing things much cleaner.Add all of that up and I think u can only come to one conclusion ,

looks like my prediction here was pretty much spot on. renegades really surprised me in all aspects. They were cleaner than in the past and had good coverage in all captions.

With that said you could tell once Cabs hit the field there was a huge difference in terms of both field coverage,visual demand and execution. THe 3 points or so that separated the top 5 and the lower tier corps was very conservative in my view . would have had them more like 4 points apart.

THe 3 points or so that separated the top 5 and the lower tier corps was very conservative in my view . would have had them more like 4 points apart.

You could say that as well from 2nd to 3rd. Top 2 are by far, way ahead of the rest.

You could say that as well from 2nd to 3rd. Top 2 are by far, way ahead of the rest.

I guess it depends on what you are looking at. As far as from a Audience connection Empire was miles ahead of Bucs. The crowd was STOIC for much of the Bucs performance on Semi Finals night. Did anyone else notice the golf clap at the end of the show? I recorded it just in case someone did.

Edited by camel lips

I guess it depends on what you are looking at. As far as from a Audience connection Empire was miles ahead of Bucs. The crowd was STOIC for much of the Bucs performance on Semi Finals night. Did anyone else notice the golf clap at the end of the show? I recorded it just in case someone did.

I'm sure the fact that Bucs had won six years running and hadn't lost a show since 2004 had nothing to do with that. /sarcasmoff

Look, "the fans" were ready and rooting for a new champion. The same thing happened in DCI. The Blue Devils put on a wildly entertaining and amazing show, and the audience was "stoic". Not because it wasn't a great show. Not because they weren't entertained. It was because after winning three out of the last four years with the last two undefeated, they wanted someone new. You are also conveniently forgetting to factor in that this was the last "home show" for Empire for the foreseeable future, so it's no surprise they got a nice reaction from the home crowd.

The very notion that Bucs somehow didn't connect with the audience is completely absurd.

• Like 1

I'm sure the fact that Bucs had won six years running and hadn't lost a show since 2004 had nothing to do with that. /sarcasmoff

Look, "the fans" were ready and rooting for a new champion. The same thing happened in DCI. The Blue Devils put on a wildly entertaining and amazing show, and the audience was "stoic". Not because it wasn't a great show. Not because they weren't entertained. It was because after winning three out of the last four years with the last two undefeated, they wanted someone new. You are also conveniently forgetting to factor in that this was the last "home show" for Empire for the foreseeable future, so it's no surprise they got a nice reaction from the home crowd.

The very notion that Bucs somehow didn't connect with the audience is completely absurd.

Im not sure your logic holds water.

The audience at the mini corps show was wildly mad for that corps from Indiana. And how many years have they won??

In your opinion then the same should be applied to the mini corps show. It was not.

I rest my case.

Im not sure your logic holds water.

The audience at the mini corps show was wildly mad for that corps from Indiana. And how many years have they won??

In your opinion then the same should be applied to the mini corps show. It was not.

I rest my case.

In a court of law you'd lose based on circumstantial evidence. Besides, the Star United complainers are still out there, they just kinda gave up in light of Star's awesomeness. Besides, mini-corps is a one-shot deal. In the end, very few people give a crap who wins. It's just a really fun show.

Try again, counselor.

Edited by Kamarag