Bb horns are not balanced properly for spinning.

How well do they bounce?

Wow.. stray late 70s memory of the contra line that would spin their horns up to their shoulders. LOL, Westshoremen in 79/80 had contras spinning at the end of the big drum solo (Sing, Sing, Sing). They cheated thou as they had a block of wood with a handle in the middle of the piping. They'd just hang on to the handle and spin the horn with the other hand.

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

Thanks for stating the obvious. I'm quite sure the members and staff are fully aware of what needs to be cleaned, but it's always nice to have people post reminders on internet forums. ... Just in case.

And check your calendar. It's only June.

:thumbup:

Dude.. I know!!

DCI is SO unoriginal!!

The Cadets are a bunch of THIEVES!

you guys know what I heard?

The Blue Devils are using SNARE DRUMS!! On my god! How unoriginal! SOOO many groups have used Snare Drums before. That seriously lacks originality.

I heard Phantom Regiment's guard is using FLAGS!! JEEZUS!! COMON!! Get some originality Phantom! FLAGS? Really? EVERYONE uses flags!!

And in the most disgusting "theft" of an idea, I heard recently that Santa Clara is going to be using BRASS INSTRUMENTS. My goodness. I quit this! I quit it for good.

• Like 2

There once was a little corps from Saginaw Michigan who did that in 1987. There once was a big corps in 1985 from Casper Wyoming who did it as well. Doesn't matter if it's original or not ... it just matters if it's great. ALL OF DRUM CORPS IS JUST A RECYCLED VERSION OF SOMETHING THAT HAS ALREADY BEEN DONE.

period.

Exactly! Is it clean? Is it effective? That's all that matters.

Thanks for stating the obvious. I'm quite sure the members and staff are fully aware of what needs to be cleaned, but it's always nice to have people post reminders on internet forums. ... Just in case.

Stating the obvious....now THATS original!!

:lol:

Kudos on your response to the mundane. :beer:

Lol i bet you all think you're pretty clever for these responses. But i'm aware of how early it is in the season, which why i don't watch all these dumb "early broadcast" shows. If anything, i'd wait till mid july to watch anything to avoid seeing all the suck in the beginning of season. But unlike all you bandies, i can wait to watch corps. I KNOW some of you are atleast 40 years old, and all you do is talk about an activity that doesn't concern you or effect you in any way shape or form.

I think Hopkins has just run out of ideas. Its whatever though. They will still get annihilated

Dude.. I know!!

DCI is SO unoriginal!!

The Cadets are a bunch of THIEVES!

you guys know what I heard?

The Blue Devils are using SNARE DRUMS!! On my god! How unoriginal! SOOO many groups have used Snare Drums before. That seriously lacks originality.

I heard Phantom Regiment's guard is using FLAGS!! JEEZUS!! COMON!! Get some originality Phantom! FLAGS? Really? EVERYONE uses flags!!

And in the most disgusting "theft" of an idea, I heard recently that Santa Clara is going to be using BRASS INSTRUMENTS. My goodness. I quit this! I quit it for good.

Well actually this reminds me of the Benny Hill theme... for some reason... hmmm

Edited by Hook'emCavies

Lol i bet you all think you're pretty clever for these responses. But i'm aware of how early it is in the season, which why i don't watch all these dumb "early broadcast" shows. If anything, i'd wait till mid july to watch anything to avoid seeing all the suck in the beginning of season. But unlike all you bandies, i can wait to watch corps. I KNOW some of you are atleast 40 years old, and all you do is talk about an activity that doesn't concern you or effect you in any way shape or form.

I think Hopkins has just run out of ideas. Its whatever though. They will still get annihilated

Then why are you here? Many people on this forum are here to cheer for these groups for doing things that some people can't even begin to comprehend. We are here for excitement knowing that the season is fixing to start. And stating that "avoid seeing all the suck in the beginning of the season." You understand that even at the start of the season many marching bands across the country work there whole entire season to just barely match even the beginning of the season dci corps show? Are you saying that these Drum and Bugle Corps are THAT bad? Please clarify...

• Like 2

banzai!.jpg