Blue Devils 2011 pre-season recording

Right: the corps should give us everything we want, when we want it, for free. I realize supporting the activity hasn't been on your radar in recent years, but wow.

Like what the Cadets did?

You know... You sound like at&t, Comcast, and apple.

We all realize that it's fund raising activity. It's perhaps a "penny wise" thing to do, but how much revenue, er I mean donations, are they going to get from this?

So, Cadets just left money on the table, right?

Like what the Cadets did?

You know... You sound like at&t, Comcast, and apple.

We all realize that it's fund raising activity. It's perhaps a "penny wise" thing to do, but how much revenue, er I mean donations, are they going to get from this?

So, Cadets just left money on the table, right?

I think corps should do what they think is best. Cadets think it's best for them to make it free, Blue Devils think it's best for them to charge money. I'd stipulate that Blue Devils are among the top money makers every season when it comes to selling merchandise, if not THE to money maker.

Basically, I'm saying organizations make decisions based on what's best for their organization: people around here tend to whine about entitlements and disregard/second guess things they know nothing about. Blue Devils are about as financially solvent as any drum corps in existence right now (to put it mildly), and I think from a business standpoint they know what decisions are best for them financially.

On the other side of the argument, we have people complaining because they personally want stuff for free.

Childish.

• Like 1

I think corps should do what they think is best. Cadets think it's best for them to make it free, Blue Devils think it's best for them to charge money. I'd stipulate that Blue Devils are among the top money makers every season when it comes to selling merchandise, if not THE to money maker.

Basically, I'm saying organizations make decisions based on what's best for their organization: people around here tend to whine about entitlements and disregard/second guess things they know nothing about. Blue Devils are about as financially solvent as any drum corps in existence right now (to put it mildly), and I think from a business standpoint they know what decisions are best for them financially.

On the other side of the argument, we have people complaining because they personally want stuff for free.

Childish.

Ah, ok. That's different than what I initially got out of what you posted. Sure, each corps can do things their own way, no problem with that. Still people ( Dr. Evil, especially) like to be thrown a frickin' bone here and there...

And I have absolutely no idea what the heck this even means :blink:

You sounded like a big, money making, corporate PR person when I read that... tongue.gif

Sorry, I've been reading too much tech and financial stuff lately.... devil.gif

Edited by jjeffeory

Okay, I paid up for the download. Sounds fantastic, though I admit I kept expecting Dionne Warwick to start singing.

Yowza yowza yowza...?

I agree with this, but I respect Blue Devils for a) doing their own thing, and b) offering a 'sneak peak' of their show for fans willing to pay a little extra for it.

*I'M IN NO WAY IMPLYING THIS ABOUT YOU*

The entitlement on the internet is absolutely childish: "I want everything, right now, for free." People complain about not having illegal videos for free on Youtube, not being allowed to record shows, etc. Even my nine year old has more respect/better moral understanding than many drum corps fans. If people want to point fingers in regards to 'why the activity is dying,' look no further than immature, naive drum corps fans.

Thank you, that really needed to be said.

I feel the same way, we aren't entitled to anything, but it's a great thing if a corps decides to give us a treat (and that's what it is, a TREAT, not what we're entitled to). I really appreciate what cadets did for fans last night by showing their show, at the same time I don't expect this from every corps, and there is nothing wrong with that.