Tour of Champions Questions?

Does anyone know the jobs of each of the corps at tour of champion shows?

I heard Bluecoats may do a featured percussion performance/ warm up.

I also think that Cadets will possibly play there arrangements of some “pop” music, and maybe some small ensemble stuff.

Any word on the other corps, I heard that there may be a question and answer section or some show designer talk with staff?

Also does anybody know if this process will happen at the first two Texas shows this coming weekend?

I also think that Cadets will possibly play there arrangements of some “pop” music, and maybe some small ensemble stuff.

Any word on the other corps, I heard that there may be a question and answer section or some show designer talk with staff?

Also does anybody know if this process will happen at the first two Texas shows this coming weekend?

The shows in TX next weekend are not TOC shows.

That article is from November. Since that time, they have changed them. Here is the titles of the two shows from the DCI schedule as of today:

Saginaw, TX

Saturday, June 18, 2011 - 7:30 PM

DCI Ft. Worth

and

Round Rock, TX

Sunday, June 19, 2011 - 7:30 PM

DCI Austin presented by Demoulin Bros. & Co.

Now, here are the descriptions from the first two TOC shows in Rockford and Houston:

Rockford, IL

Sunday, July 17, 2011 - 7:00 PM

Show of Shows, a Tour of Champions Series event

and

Houston, TX

Friday, July 22, 2011 - 7:30 PM

DCI Houston presented by THE exSIGHTment OF SOUND, a Tour of Champions Series event

Also, check out this link:

Tour of Champions

Notice that the Saginaw and Round Rock shows are not listed.

Edited by kansasDC

Well, each corps has to put on some kinda encore after they perform or something like that, what the other groups are doing I don't know, hopefully something good!

i hope its nothing like 2004

It suckedddddd

It is not.. it is WAY worse.

Most of the TOC corps even hate what they are being asked to do.

Under normal circumstances, if the members didn't buy into it, it would fall flat. However, the performance level of these corps without member buy-in is so high that it would probably go unnoticed by the target audience footing the majority of the bill.

The role of the TOC corps is to perpetuate a have/have-not scenario wherein two unrelated factors (administrative/financial strength and competitive finish) are conflated.

:ph34r:

Under normal circumstances, if the members didn't buy into it, it would fall flat. However, the performance level of these corps without member buy-in is so high that it would probably go unnoticed by the target audience footing the majority of the bill.

The role of the TOC corps is to perpetuate a have/have-not scenario wherein two unrelated factors (administrative/financial strength and competitive finish) are conflated.

:ph34r:

I saw some of the script for this stuff. Trust me when I saw that it will be a difficult sell to the corps and even more so to the audience. My guess is it will take one or two shows of it being awkward and falling on it's face before it is scrapped.