Crossmen 2011

Once they actually have shows with ALL of the judges we will actually get a full feel of things. And the first regional will also be helpful Corps are split up differently accross the country this year so things are a little weird. A percussion judge is needed also... cause that section is HOT! Looking forward to see it LIVE in Jackson on Wed. I'll comment more after that.

The kids are hyped after their improvement in the scores. I hope they continue the rise. I want to see Bones at the finals! i think the fans want the crossmen back as well. Am I wrong? Not to tale anything from all the great corps out there. I do have a slight bias. ;)

did anyone have the opportunity to talk to any of the members last night? I would love to hear their thoughts on the show and the point jump.

i haven't talked to anyone, but I bet they are happy they got a score boost, but it really doesn't change anything... they're still going to pile on the bus, maybe get to buy something at the first rest stop, find a spot on the gym floor at "0-dark-thirty", be woken up before they are fully rested, and hit the field again to do more work.

While you are marching, you can't live and die (or be happy/sad) based on the numbers from the judges. Sometimes you have bad shows, and your score magically goes up. Sometimes you have awesome shows, and your score goes down. The only thing you can control is your work ethic and strive for excellence within the show you are given.

I think a lot of people would like to see the Crossmen back in finals, but they need to earn it on the field. Compiling all the most recent scores from across the country is not necessarily an accurate picture of where the Crossmen (or any corps) will place when it comes to the regional. I think what can be said, is that the Crossmen have their groove back. They are a fan favorite this year. So, if they don't make it all the way back to finals this year, if they stay on this track, their time will come soon. These are the types of shows that will keep members coming back, which is what they need. A lot of people left after 2009 because of the quality of the product they were given to perform on the heels of almost returning to finals the year before.

Really enjoyed the show, ballad was very well written and performed.

I'm sure I should know this, but when do they start having the full judges panels for shows this year?

Maybe the Minneapolis regional? Hope so, anyways! By the way it sounds like the kids had fun yesterday doing their parades. Classic Bristol!! And a question, anybody know where the corps is staying/rehearsing in Gary,IN? It says tbd on the website.