Crossmen 2011

It's hard to go from 16th to top 12, despite the big jumps in placement you have seen from Madison.

This is probably going to be a multiyear process. In another thread someone said the average age was 17. Well, if these kids stay, with this staff that is designing entertaining and quality shows, the Crossmen will be back. In terms of entertaining shows, they are back this year. No doubt. I would look for Crossmen to be right on the edge (with a good chance to make Saturday) next year, and keep the momentum up in 2013. Timeline could be pushed up a year, but it remains to be seen how this year will shakeout.

If they can make Saturday night this year, the turnaround will be way ahead of schedule, IMO. Just kick back and enjoy the show; appreciate the hard work and the return of the Crossmen groove.

The best possible thing that happens: Crossmen re-establish the "testosterone jazz" identity, members have a great time and come back next year, audiences are entertained, and we grow this thing back to where it rightfully belong.

Agree completely that this is the most important thing.

It's hard to go from 16th to top 12, despite the big jumps in placement you have seen from Madison.

This is probably going to be a multiyear process. In another thread someone said the average age was 17. Well, if these kids stay, with this staff that is designing entertaining and quality shows, the Crossmen will be back. In terms of entertaining shows, they are back this year. No doubt. I would look for Crossmen to be right on the edge (with a good chance to make Saturday) next year, and keep the momentum up in 2013. Timeline could be pushed up a year, but it remains to be seen how this year will shakeout.

If they can make Saturday night this year, the turnaround will be way ahead of schedule, IMO. Just kick back and enjoy the show; appreciate the hard work and the return of the Crossmen groove.

Agree completely that this is the most important thing.

Bones is back, even if this is a multi-year process. I doubt they make the Saturday night show, but they will be very close.

Crossmen were two shows, Quarters/Semis, away from going 16th to 12th in 2008... we were placed 12th at every regional that year and finished 13th. And we were still playing the guidry Cirque stuff arranged for brass... the only thing that kept us in it was the challenge Darryl Pemberton gave us in terms of a visual show. This year they have an awesome brass book. I havent seen the show, only heard it through recordings so I hope they gave them enough of a challenge visually to compete with those around them because as it was mentioned in another thread about the top spots, its the visual that is going to push you past those around you.

Awesome show today in MN. Thr changes are pretty impressive. The guard does a costume change to all white for hallelujah. Among others , the Maltese cross in the end has a lot more visual and music changes. Very impressed! Some of the newer parts need cleaning The ending has been sped up a d the kids are going to news a litle time to adjust. Overall! Loved it! Bones was even there!

Dam auto correct!!!!!!

Bueller??

I talked to my kid last night and he was totally pumped! Using the binary scoring system, he said he didn't get just a one, he got a ONE!!!! He was totally excited!

the horn line spent a 3 hour block on rapid tempo marching. Wish they had gotten a little of this earlier but it is a good thing period. By aug, they should be in a better shape to kick butt.