It's about time to knock it off

I have no affiliation with the Blue Devils other than a few friends who play and tech with them. Nonetheless, it is really getting annoying hearing the general DCI public making the entire corps out to be selfish, arrogant terds hell bent only on winning. The people in that organization worked their respective butts off and have earned everything they have gotten. As far as their 2010 show, there is no such thing as bad music, just familiar and unfamiliar. If you don't like it fine, but don't try to take away anything from what they accomplished. As far as cockiness goes, if you were a two time defending world champion you would be very proud as well.

Closed minds should be accompanied by closed mouths. In general, it's time to move on. doh.gif

Edited by tubamarc8891
  • Like 5

I have no affiliation with the Blue Devils other than a few friends who play and tech with them. Nonetheless, it is really getting annoying hearing the general DCI public making the entire corps out to be selfish, arrogant terds hell bent only on winning. The people in that organization worked their respective butts off and have earned everything they have gotten. As far as their 2010 show, there is no such thing as bad music, just familiar and unfamiliar. If you don't like it fine, but don't try to take away anything from what they accomplished. Be respectful. As far as cockiness goes, if you were a two time defending world champion you would be very proud as well.

Closed minds should be accompanied by closed mouths. In general, it's time to move on. doh.gif

If you have been paying attention to the BD threads, you'd see that everyone who was at the family show have been on BDs nuts ever since they saw the show. If anything people are talking about how they'll go undefeated again and how amazing it is. Stop jumping to conclusions. Yeah i know what it's like for people to hate on your shows b/c its different, but you'll learn that the better you are, the more haters you will have. Thats what it was like my first 3 years of drum corps. Just gonna have to learn how to deal with it. Bro.

• Like 2

I have no affiliation with the Blue Devils other than a few friends who play and tech with them. Nonetheless, it is really getting annoying hearing the general DCI public making the entire corps out to be selfish, arrogant terds hell bent only on winning. The people in that organization worked their respective butts off and have earned everything they have gotten. As far as their 2010 show, there is no such thing as bad music, just familiar and unfamiliar. If you don't like it fine, but don't try to take away anything from what they accomplished. As far as cockiness goes, if you were a two time defending world champion you would be very proud as well.

They've won two times? when was the second? :smile:

Seriously, they've won 14 times. :worthy:

Edited by bdon15
  • Like 2

AGREED.....as long as anyone claiming to having marched or is currently marching BD doesn't go around pushing that 'no one else is as good', 'we are in a different league from everyone else', 'we were robbed by an inferior corps (any year they have lost)', etc, is also STOPPED.

Arrogance breeds arrogance and there have been a few BD posters who have gone out of their way to rub their victories in everyone else's faces.

It goes BOTH WAYS!

BUT, it won't stop.....DCP is where braggards, hypocrites, haters, homers and trolls all gather to take pot shots at each other.

You need a THICK SKIN to live here, with eyes in the back of your head.

....not much else I can say except if you can't take the heat stay out of the kitchen.

Even corps facebook pages get 'trolled' from time to time.....we are a passionate bunch in here.

• Like 2

Follow your own advice.

Anyways, this post is probably the best way I can think of to attract more negative attention to BD. Well, except for incorporating live kitten sacrifices into their show.

• Like 2

britney_alone_88u3.jpg
  • Like 5

leaveBDalone.jpg
  • Like 7

Great minds, Alex.

I don't think that anyone is bashing BD. The vast majority of us (including myself) haven't even had a peek at their show yet. I can understand BD's fans and alumni being stoked for the season, but it's pretty hard to bash something that you haven't even seen yet.

Edited by Piper

leaveBDalone.jpg

Oh wow, WIN!