12.Sun 152 Secaucus, NJ

13.WR 150 Secaucus, NJ

14.TBT 146 Douglasville GA

15.Alliance 134 Douglasville GA

16.HCB 128 St. Peter, MN

17.WS 122 Cicero Ny

18.SS 121 Douglasville GA

19.Ex 116 Cicero Ny

Agreed. A corps stumbling over themselves because they have a hard book shouldn't receive credit because its hard. Likewise, a corps that only has 60 pages of drill with the largest step size at a 7 to 5 for 10 seconds and a level 3 brass book shouldn't get extra credit because its clean. There has to be a delicate balance. I can think of 2 corps specifically this year that are getting credit where credit isn't due for having an easy book in certain aspects.

Agreed. However if the corps performing a level 5 book is almost as clean as a corps with a level 2 book, the corps with the level 5 book should get a higher score in the applicable categories simply because the performers have a higher demand. All things being equal, only if both corps had level 3 books, that would be the only true way to judge both corps fairly.

Cleaner does not always equal better, and that is something I think the judges loose sight of every now and than.

Execution is execution, but I am finding that judges give rather generous scores to groups that do not have much demand in their "composition" sub-captions. That is where you fix the problem of demand. If they have high demand and are not achieving it well, then one number should be hiugh and the other low. The problem is when corps have so much demand that it isn't readable to give credit to the composition.

Execution is execution, but I am finding that judges give rather generous scores to groups that do not have much demand in their "composition" sub-captions.

CAn you give us some recaps as a example????

From my seat it seems like the corps with more demand are getting awarded higher scores.

<snip>

There should be no reward for crap

<snip>

How about non-scoring caption award: "High S**t"

Or "Defective Mouthpiece Award"

Or a special sponsored award..... the "Lefty's Port-O-Potty Plaque"

Or for the low marching execution score: the "FEMA Let's-all-get-in-step"

From my seat it seems like the corps with more demand are getting awarded higher scores.

Completely disagree.

Before I respond I want to make it clear that I am not affiliated with any of the following organizations. Simply a fan. Also, I have no allegiance to a specific corps.

I will go on record right now and say that I believe this year that certain aspects of the Caballeros show are far more difficult than the Hurricanes and Statemans shows. Its no secret that the Cabs drum line is hurting and their guard hasn't improved as much as the other guards since they first came out in 2nd place, but I believe Cabs play better and march better than both Hurcs and Empire. I can't for the life of me understand why it took until Sunday for Hawthornes hornline to be placed above Hurcs... it should have been done weeks ago. Also, their visual program has been getting very clean and based off of their Scranton performance on Saturday- they should not have been behind Hurcs in Visual Ensemble or Effect. They were cleaner visually, and have a much more demanding book.

Call it a conspiracy if you wish- but sometimes I think this corps doesn't get the credit they deserve.

Now, before anyone goes nuts. There is no question that Hurcs have a superior drum line and their guard this year is outstanding. Empire's show is good, and its clean, but its also not that challenging. I believe they will hit their ceiling this weekend and come Prelims, may not have any higher to go with their show.

I don't disagree with the placements of these corps at all. I think Hurcs will move up a slot in the next two weeks and I think if the Cabs iron out a few minor blemishes in their show they can be looking at 3rd/4th if they want it bad enough.

I will be accepting your angry PM's from 4PM until 10PM or if you prefer... the dislike button is located conveniently to your right.

:poke:

Edited by irishbugle

I'm not saying they aren't. I'm just saying that the way it is supposed to work (and most likely does) is that the sub captions are judged by composition (the demand/the "what") and execution (the right box/the "how"). I wasn't making references to anything at this moment, just judging in general... so not sure I can help you out there.

With that being said, I have seen some groups that IMO received much higher composition numbers than groups that had more demand. With that being said, demand does not mean you have written a good book.

I will be accepting your angry PM's from 4PM until 10PM or if you prefer... the dislike button is located conveniently to your right.

:poke:

I just cracked up at this. BEST sarcasm I've seen on here in a long while! :worthy::worthy:

Season highest scoring Guards

1.Hurcs 193 Secaucus, NJ

2.Bucs 188 Scranton PA

3.MBI 186 St. Peter, MN

4.Statesmen 177 Cicero Ny

5.Cabs 177 Secaucus, NJ

6.CV 170 Douglasville GA

7.Fusion 170 Secaucus, NJ

8.Kilties 165 St. Peter, MN

9.Govies 165 South St. Paul, MN

10.Caronlina Gold 157 Toms River NJ

11.Bush 154 Secaucus, NJ

12.Sun 152 Secaucus, NJ

13.WR 150 Secaucus, NJ

14.TBT 146 Douglasville GA

15.Alliance 134 Douglasville GA

16.HCB 128 St. Peter, MN

17.WS 122 Cicero Ny

18.SS 121 Douglasville GA

19.Ex 116 Cicero Ny

Govies guard scored a 17.8 on Sunday at the St. Peter Minn show

Edited by Fastone

Govies guard scored a 17.8 on Sunday at the St. Peter Minn show

My figures came from the recaps posted on dcacorps.org. Where did yours come from?