Movie Broadcast Question

per The Cadets Official Facebook:

"From Justin on the road: The Cadets are parked in Lubbock, Texas. Food crew working hard to pump out quick breakfast...rehearsal, laundry, and tonight the corps will watch DCI's Drum Corps at the Movies! "

I approve! :thumbup:

A few thoughts:

* Local time for a three hour show means west coast viewers could find out the scores before they even start watching.

* I think the reverse performance order combined with withholding the scores is an attempt (one that will work) to get people to the theaters on time and to get them to stay throughout. SCV and Blue Stars probably will get seen by a lot more people than they otherwise would thanks to the format.

* Based on listening to the field pass, etc, I'm going to bet that they meant the production, ie the camera choices etc are not going to be re-edited, that's what was saved live to the servers (DCI's servers, not the movie theaters'), but yeah I expect them to spend time between the shows talking to the designers, playing clips from last year, talking about last year's scores, etc.

In any case, I'm thrilled for this opportunity to see these guys right away. I'd love it if they expanded this to more corps in the future. There's also no reason to make them all come to the same place. Why not have four to six regional shows each with three to six World Class corps, then edit those together into a theater event previewing everyone's shows? Even if we had to wait a week or two more to see it, I'd love it.

I kind of wish they’d hold the scores for a few days after the broadcast. It’s doubtful I’ll get to see it and I’d like to get a feel for who has the good eyes on DCP and who is blinded by hype or their corps

Stupid I know but it’d allow me to calibrate some DCP posters which would be fun

In any case, I'm thrilled for this opportunity to see these guys right away. I'd love it if they expanded this to more corps in the future. There's also no reason to make them all come to the same place. Why not have four to six regional shows each with three to six World Class corps, then edit those together into a theater event previewing everyone's shows? Even if we had to wait a week or two more to see it, I'd love it.

If you listen the Marching Roundtable podcast with Dan A., he make it pretty clear that all this TOC experimental stuff (if successful) will be rolling out to all corps. w00t.gif In fact he pokes holes in a lot of the conspiracy theories that seem to flourish on DCP. Worth a listen -- in fact the all the MR podcasts have been worth listening too -- great stuff in there.

If you listen the Marching Roundtable podcast with Dan A., he make it pretty clear that all this TOC experimental stuff (if successful) will be rolling out to all corps. w00t.gif

That 'if successful part' is the big one. This idea will be dead once people see how lame the whole thing is.

per The Cadets Official Facebook:

"From Justin on the road: The Cadets are parked in Lubbock, Texas. Food crew working hard to pump out quick breakfast...rehearsal, laundry, and tonight the corps will watch DCI's Drum Corps at the Movies! "

I approve! :thumbup:

Yep...the entire corps is going to the same theater...those viewers are in for a treat. haha

• Like 2

That 'if successful part' is the big one. This idea will be dead once people see how lame the whole thing is.

Not sure about the TOC shows in general, but I think the theatre broadcast of the shows early in the season is a fantastic idea. Some years there are favorite corps of mine I never get to see until the quarterfinals broadcast. I'd love to see them early in the season too so I can see the evolution and polish myself. Unfortunately this top 8 broadcast cut out about half of my favorite corps.