First 2 show results thread

Which is why i'm fine with it. Id rather have some variation than having things stay the same all season. Things will work themselves out just fine, and I cant really think of a single instance in the past few years, where, by finals, i felt someone was getting screwed... So in the meantime, lets have fun with it! :)

And I think most of us are having fun with it. Fun on DCP maybe spastic and chaotic, but I would characterize the frenzy as fun! :thumbup:

On the whole, this format at the beginning of the season has given fans of several levels much to talk about. IMHO, it has invested some in the season from the get-go in a totally different way.

• Like 2

Scores mean absolutely nothing at this time of year. That said,

Were scores influenced by not complete shows? What about if a corps pushed to complete the show, but was a little dirtier overall, compared to a cleaner corps with a less than complete show.

You can not downplay the wind and heat factors. Lets say that the Blue Stars guard historically is scoring higher then SCV, but SCV's drumline is scoring higher than Blue Stars. Who won the caption scoring race tonight?

That said, the movie theater was nice, and seeing the shows live was also nice.

BD not in first... :rolleyes:

BTW I loved crown's show...

• Like 1

Scores mean absolutely nothing at this time of year. That said,

Were scores influenced by not complete shows? What about if a corps pushed to complete the show, but was a little dirtier overall, compared to a cleaner corps with a less than complete show.

You can not downplay the wind and heat factors. Lets say that the Blue Stars guard historically is scoring higher then SCV, but SCV's drumline is scoring higher than Blue Stars. Who won the caption scoring race tonight?

That said, the movie theater was nice, and seeing the shows live was also nice.

BD not in first... :rolleyes:

BTW I loved crown's show...

And I think most of us are having fun with it. Fun on DCP maybe spastic and chaotic, but I would characterize the frenzy as fun! :thumbup:

On the whole, this format at the beginning of the season has given fans of several levels much to talk about. IMHO, it has invested some in the season from the get-go in a totally different way.

THIS!

Thank GOD the season has started cool.gif

To be honest, has anyone consider the effect the wind had on performances? No way I could even put an honest effort into disputing most of the scores from the movie theater. The wind just killed a lot of things. The wind really killed a lot of the sound, even more so than anything else. The cameramen didn't have a clue when to cut to something. For example, they went to the cavies tenors I think 3 or 4 times, thinking it was the moment when they play upside down. In all fairness, the cameramen need to learn the shows too. So trying to dispute what we saw or heard tonight is almost pointless. yes, there were some obvious things, but I was merely taking in the whole product, that is on the field right now and getting a feel of what i think I will like or not, come Finals.

Bluecoats 1st in drums on Saturday, 7th on Sunday???

as they say, " on any given Sunday... "

Edited by BRASSO

Cadets. Love the two different uniforms. Some amazing visual effects. Can't believe no one's done it before. When the whole battery is in a single formation though, it's a little hard to read visually (light, dark, light, dark), but otherwise, awesome effect.

Haven't read the whole thread yet so I'm not sure if someone said this yet, but Southwind used light and dark uniforms in 2005 or 2006 (I forget which year they folded).

What about Bluecoats???... I'm quite surprised (not really actually) that nobody is talking about how mature the Bluecoats brass and drums are this early in the season compared to the other corps, or talking about how far they still can go with the insane repertoire they have this year. The tuba book is especially ridiculous... probably better than 2007. Also, almost nobody is talking about their percussion going from 1st to 7th. From what I saw tonight, the percussion is leaps and bounds above the rest in both cleanliness and difficulty.

That being said, I personally did not see any CLEAR winner tonight... I believe this season could just about go in ANY direction at this point in the game, as far as for BD, Cavs, Bloo, Crown, and Cadets. I'm forseeing a lot more fluctuations in placements than usual, not based on scores from the past two nights, but by what I saw and heard from the corps shows.

• Like 1

Biggest change night to night was Crown? Everything else looks pretty consistent. I definitely don't agree that BD was top 3, but that's cool.

I didn't think BD would have been in the top three as well. And maybe even 5th, behind BC would have been fine.

Edited by Cop