Alliance & CorpsVets

I hear ya about the travel issue and I was hoping that DCA south would become a force and help support each other.

My personal thoughts on this DCA South thing. Some corps just want to go to DCA finals and some just want to compete locally to save money. Labor Day is an issue especially with some drum corps having high school members.

I believe at Sun Devils we could have come out if we did a limited schedule and dropped the DCA Finals. The mission of the drum corps should be to provide the experience the members are looking for. If we did 2 DCA Florida shows ( we would have sponsored a show) , 2 DCA Georgia shows, add in a DCI Orlando or DCI Carolina Show. That wold make a lot of people happy especially if the last DCA South show was treated as a DCA South Championship. If we could do the Baltimore parade tour and make some money and compete at S Sound show - that would work also. I like going to DCA finals but I don't if that's the end all be all.

So, why didn't you guys tour regionally this year? Other groups do that. You could even do what Vanguard Cadets do/did... go to Championships every other year. If the members are happy with that and feel they got their money's worth out, maybe that is the way to go until you can build a solid nucleus of members.

So, why didn't you guys tour regionally this year? Other groups do that. You could even do what Vanguard Cadets do/did... go to Championships every other year. If the members are happy with that and feel they got their money's worth out, maybe that is the way to go until you can build a solid nucleus of members.

The decision to stop rehearsing in Jan. was based on lack of funds and future difficulty in raising enough money to complete a full schedule. That set in motion our disconnect with the school we were using and the use of the Bb brass and front ensemble. Furthermore the indecision in Feb to continue on left members adrift and they scattered to the wind. Game over. Now we start from "almost" scratch again. At least we have a name that people know now when before it was just an idea. If we can assemble Brass instruments and a trailer then it may be possible to try again with a new plan. We have about 1/3 of what we need for capital funds and that is a great hurdle to over come at this point.

Hind sight is 20/20 and we could have gone regional in my opinion but we can't go back in time. So we start again and march in parade next week using G bugles and a portion of the old membership.

Edited by paradiddle

Best of Luck Sun Devils ,hope you did the right thing .Build back up,and fight your way back to the field .I know you will be missed this summer .Look into the funds like Pepsi Refresh and Vint gives back ,there's money out there if you can get the votes .I know So.Cal Dream made it on to the second level .I guess its to late this year for thoses 2.But if they do it every year you should be in there fighting for a share of the money .So.Cal.is listed for one and Fusion and the Muchacho's are listed for Pepsi seeking grants .

Edited by Florida Sun