Blue Devils' Winning Streak

Well it looks like the 2-season winning streak has come to a close for the Blue Devils. Not by much, though.

Discuss.

There's still a long season ahead.. Don't underestimate them.. But i hope they don't come back, and I also hope they don't continue their ways of winning next year.. I hope someone passes up the Cavies too. Long season to come..

• Like 1

If my memory serves me correctly the Cavaliers win streak was a total of 66 shows. This past streak for the Blue Devils I think is the 3rd longest in drum corps history.

Should be 2nd longest actually. BD ended up at 55 wins, so unless someone else has more, they should be 2nd, and Cavaliers should have the longest streak.

Should be 2nd longest actually. BD ended up at 55 wins, so unless someone else has more, they should be 2nd, and Cavaliers should have the longest streak.

Actually for the 2nd longest you have to go to the DCA side of the activity.

Actually for the 2nd longest you have to go to the DCA side of the activity.

OH, guess that's true. I was referring more to DCI, but I guess you're right, isn't it a 6-peat now for championships?

OH, guess that's true. I was referring more to DCI, but I guess you're right, isn't it a 6-peat now for championships?

yes, 2010 was a 6-peat, ( #57 consecutive, and this past weekend was their first show for 2011 which they won making it 58 )

To the best of my knowledge, no corps has had two consecutive undefeated seasons. Yes, they did win three titles in a row, but did not go undefeated during that run.

If I'm wrong, I'll be more than happy to admit it.

Ah, ok. I thought they were undefeated in 01.

2008 would not have been an undefeated season for BD...the Cavaliers won 95.9 to 95.65 in Allentown (both marched friday night).

Ah yes, I enjoyed being apart of the corps that year, ending undefeated streaks is loads of fun! When the show was over, BD members took tin cans and started walking around our food truck area tapping their 2007 WC rings on them to taunt us I guess. We laughed it off but you gotta love good sportsmanship. Grats to BD for their incredibly long run though, I hate them more than a lot of things but I cant argue with perfection. Bravo!

• Like 2

The Blue Devils are just on completely different level then every other corps every time I see them. And it's not just on the field. Even the way they walk around just says "I'm better than you, and I know it." That's the best thing they've got figured out.

• Like 1

I hate BD shows (well except 1996, 1998, and 2003), but they deserve a lot of credit for what their organization has accomplished. :thumbup:

• Like 1

The Blue Devils are just on completely different level then every other corps Even the way they walk around just says "I'm better than you, and I know it." That's the best thing they've got figured out.

Thanks for that insight,... although I have absolutely no idea what this means.

• Like 1