Mesa, AZ Round "Table"

show line up: Revolution, Blue Knights, Phantom Regiment, Santa Clara Vanguard, The Cadets, The Blue Devils, The Academy. no rain expected. high of 112.

I will be attending the show, so ill be sure to give a full report once i get home.

• Like 1

Just over two hours before show time, kicking this thread back to the first page.

Key questions for tonight:

- How will the higher heat than Texas affect the corps tonight? Desert air tends to cool down faster so maybe it will feel better than Texas (maybe just answered my own question).

- Will we see any movements in placements from last night? If so who's passing who?

- Will Blue Devils get their first win of the season?

- Can SCV drums take high drums again?

- Do the Blue Devils have air conditioning in their "house" giving them an unfair advantage???

Edited by steeldrum

Just over two hours before show time, kicking this thread back to the first page.

Key questions for tonight:

- How will the higher heat than Texas affect the corps tonight? Desert air tends to cool down faster so maybe it will feel better than Texas (maybe just answered my own question).

- Will we see any movements in placements from last night? If so who's passing who?

- Will Blue Devils get their first win of the season?

- Can SCV drums take high drums again?

- Do the Blue Devils have air conditioning in their "house" giving them an unfair advantage???

I think another good question would be how the Academy will stack up against the Blue Knights. ph34r.gif

Sitting here at native newyorker hydratingm. Very hot day visiting several sited have premo seats so we plan on waiting until the last second to go in. Hard to believe they are only allowing 1 bottle of water pert person in the stands sO I expect major issuesm. I expect all corps will suffer through. I also don't expect placements to change except scv as this is also considered a home show.

i just want to predict the answer to these questions just for fun...

1) i dont think the heat will affect by much, corps are usually prepared for this.

2) i think all corps will stay in the same place

3) i really want to see the Blue Devils overtake the Cadets, but i think they need a few days of rehearsal before this happens. take a brake (or is it break?) once in a while, you don't need a show everyday.

4) unless the BD takes it, im pretty sure Vanguard will take drums.

5) i'm going to answer this question anyways saying "THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!"

ok lets see how much i get right

on facebook, someone marching at this show claimed their rehearsal field was 184 degrees... doubtful it was that high, yes?

I have seen fields in the 130-140 range though...

astro terf can get pretty hott, and same with old school black top.... bleh!