Clovis Cantina

Got a chance to see Cadets and BD last night. Speaking in terms of performance, the Cadets have a lot of work to do. Their marching technique is looking very similar to Cavaliers, very flimsy and weak. You can see direction changes as many as four counts before they happen, as well as poor posture while moving AND standing still. Their show is there, but they have much work to do in terms of performance quality if they hope to end with the big boys this year. Also, I noticed one of their visuals that has been recurring in the past few years where they will raise one of their elbows for a drill move and lower it at the direction change, IMO it just looks bad and should never be used again, as most people just see it as bad technique. Not the members' fault, but it still looks awful. For the first half of the show, the hornline was somewhat loud, but after the ballad, the sound drastically decreased as fatigue set in. This show didn't quite deliver up to the hype.

There is no doubt that in terms of cleanliness, performance quality, and execution of technique, the Blue Devils are untouchable. This sounds mean, but I felt somewhat embarrassed for the Cadets for having to go on after BD after they just ripped that show to pieces. The show itself needs some fixing, but that will certainly happen in due time. This hornline is strong, plenty of big hits. The only thing I feel is missing from the show is more big ge drill moments like last year's tank. It would certainly be a mistake to count them out of this year's title, especially this early in the season.

Hoping to see Cavaliers soon

I love the elbow thing. Also, if they do have a lot to work on and are scoring this close to the top, it only bodes well for them.

I find myself wonder WHO exactly you think is the shiz niz... tongue.gif Oh, it looks like the Blue Devils. Yes, they have quite the technique for sure! cool.gif

Nah...BD tends to get ripped just by the corps taking a deep breath...

That is one perspective that is popular with BD supporters.