Clovis Cantina

Cadets: I think I saw the 2011 champion tonight. This show was solid, top to bottom, and really had the audience behind it. From the moment the corps walked in, the audience was drawn in, and the Cadets delivered. They were easily the best visually, and musically, they had it down, except the percussion, there were a few rough edges there, but it's still June. The war section was really cool, but I felt like the section with the whole corps in a block doing stuff with the poles was a little too close to last year's Cavaliers show.... but that's just me. .

When I saw the show in Mesa others felt this way as well. Very similar to the Cavies in 2010. Still a great Cadets effect, but didnt have that wow factor we saw from Mad World. Those most impressed were the fans who hadnt witnessed the rifle sequence from the year before.

Edited by GREENBLUE

Yeah, it was so weird. I felt that section where The Cadets marching around the field while playing and then stopping in unison to play a big loud hit was so similar to what The Cavaliers did in their opener last year in the 2010 production, Mad World.

People that had not seen the most original show ever, Mad World, liked The Cadets show better than everybody who saw The Cavaliers pass push ups and drop spins off as a GE Moment last year.

• Like 1

Yeah, it was so weird. I felt that section where The Cadets marching around the field while playing and then stopping in unison to play a big loud hit was so similar to what The Cavaliers did in their opener last year in the 2010 production, Mad World.

People that had not seen the most original show ever, Mad World, liked The Cadets show better than everybody who saw The Cavaliers pass push ups and drop spins off as a GE Moment last year.

cut me a break...wether you liked it or not, the rifle section was one of, if not the biggest GE moments of 2010. Fans in the stands and in the theaters are still wearing tshirts saying THIS IS MY RIFLE. If the Cadets pushed around large windows on the field this year people would of compared to BD's mirrors. The poles are a similar effect to the rifles, thats all. They just chose to use them in 2011 and some have noticed.

I was not in anyway putting down the Cadets, in fact if you look at my previous posts I say the poles are one of the coolest effects of the year. You're whole bitter undertone totally undermines any arguement you may have.

I'm sorry, it's been a while since a saw it, not even drop spins. Just dissapointing.

Anyone else think that the design team wanted the brass to actually do something challenging with the rifles and

it just didn't work?

Cadets: I think I saw the 2011 champion tonight.

Hard to judge this without seeing the cavies at the same time and show. Unless you believe in East Coast Inflation. :tongue:

Cali hope you finally got to talk to your son after he charged his phone?:)

Yeah, talked to him this morning and texted several times. I get to see him (and all the corps)

in a few hours!

Most looking forward to seeing BDB, SCVC, PC, BK, SCV, and Cadets.

Cali.

• Like 1

cut me a break...wether you liked it or not, the rifle section was one of, if not the biggest GE moments of 2010. Fans in the stands and in the theaters are still wearing tshirts saying THIS IS MY RIFLE. If the Cadets pushed around large windows on the field this year people would of compared to BD's mirrors. The poles are a similar effect to the rifles, thats all. They just chose to use them in 2011 and some have noticed.

I was not in anyway putting down the Cadets, in fact if you look at my previous posts I say the poles are one of the coolest effects of the year. You're whole bitter undertone totally undermines any arguement you may have.

So this is what it's like NOT to be in the crosshairs all the time! BD must be thinking....."Hey, remember us, come on... say some mean things about us, like the good ol' days." :rolleyes:

It's pretty easy to tell who the top dog is...enjoy the ride Cavies....and gird your loins!

As for me, I'll just pull up a chair and stay right the hell out of this one! :cool:

Cadets: I think I saw the 2011 champion tonight.

Hard to judge this without seeing the cavies at the same time and show. Unless you believe in East Coast Inflation. :tongue:

No, so far I've only seen the Cavaliers on video and at the theater, but they're not coming to the West Coast, so I won't get a chance to see them live. :thumbdown: Don't really get to travel to see shows all over the country this year, so I'm going to be living off of Fan Network.

I do like the Cavaliers show this year, it is really, really good, just my opinion that the Cadets will win this year.

So this is what it's like NOT to be in the crosshairs all the time! BD must be thinking....."Hey, remember us, come on... say some mean things about us, like the good ol' days." :rolleyes:

It's pretty easy to tell who the top dog is...enjoy the ride Cavies....and gird your loins!

As for me, I'll just pull up a chair and stay right the hell out of this one! :cool:

Haha, good one. I don't think BD will be catching the flak this year like they have been. This show is much more enjoyable than last year. Even the casual fans I was with last night thought the same. Musically, this year is a HUGE step up. I was really surprised to see them make Burt Bacarach sound so good, made elevator music enjoyable. Visually, the show still isn't that great, there' more marching than in the past, just still not enough for this fan. But the transitions are going to kill them this year. Unless they re-work all of them, their score won't do what they want. The show is just way too disjointed as of now.

So this is what it's like NOT to be in the crosshairs all the time! BD must be thinking....."Hey, remember us, come on... say some mean things about us, like the good ol' days." :cool:

Like about a week ago!!!

The 1st sign you've really hit the big time....not the multiple world titles...it's when you start sharing being on the receiving end of the haterade with BD!!