Wow moments.

Who is George Hopkins?

The man that strives to change almost everything In drum corps. As in adding voicing. Sorry, just could not resist. He is the Cadets director and has been for years. He does so much for drum corps and has for years.

:)

Dare I mention the Bridgemen's drumline blindfolding themselves and then playing? That was before many of you were born, but something for the ages.

• Like 1

Dare I mention the Bridgemen's drumline blindfolding themselves and then playing? That was before many of you were born, but something for the ages.

I was floored when I saw that live. I bought the Drum Corps Miniatures of the Bridgemen drumline (with the blindfolds) for just that reason. WOW!!!!! (and I loved the homage to that fantastic moment in Blast's show, too)

A lot of people don't seem to realize a great majority drum tricks over the years originated in WGI, including both upside-down tenors and the balancing-act bass-break -- blew my mind when NCA pulled it off, though I have to give Cavies credit for pulling it off on a field instead of a gym floor. :thumbup:

first of all, oh my gosh, I'm so sorry! I hit that little minus button instead of reply with quotes.. and I think I did something to your rating, Stryfe. I'm sorry! Totally unintentional! If anyone can undo that, I'd greatly appreciate it!

second.. I don't think this idea is even as new as whatever WGI group did it -- Les Etoiles did something similar in the 90s with their snare line on a spinning rack.. defying gravity has been a goal for some time now..

Stef

Who is the Original Mike?

A Mike, before me, on RAMD.

I became "the other mike", then there was "another mike" and yet "another other mike" joined.

Well according to the theater event he might be the devil :blink: :blink:

The Anti-Christ of drum corps.....hey, it fits the theme :ph34r:

Finally something not so recent.....a salute to you.

I thought we were talking about "wow" moments from the current season. If I'm wrong, there are waaaay too many to mention over the years but my first one would be 1985 Suncoast... "The Lick"

I was floored when I saw that live. I bought the Drum Corps Miniatures of the Bridgemen drumline (with the blindfolds) for just that reason. WOW!!!!! (and I loved the homage to that fantastic moment in Blast's show, too)

Hello TT...I saw it live once as well. It was unbelievable, especially when I did not know they did it. That and SCV's bottle dance. Annnnnnnnnnd, a certain corps' sunburst????? Another all time classic....and another WOW