Wow moments.

A Mike, before me, on RAMD.

I became "the other mike", then there was "another mike" and yet "another other mike" joined.

Safe to assume you are the number one Mike, then?

Cadets Drum battle

Cavies upside-down tenors

Cadets with those sound effects (not really "wow", but weird in a good way)

Cavies unbelievably entertaining show

Cadets uniforms.

The Sunburst gets me every time. So simple, yet so effective. Kinda like when the crowd sees the Scouts hit the Fleur-de-Lis drill set in any given show (surprisingly absent from this year's drill though...at least, SO FAR. :tongue:)

Blue Knights playing 11 minutes of recognizable music with TWO complete pushes, not a weak 4 count mini push/run around/4 more counts/more running...wow.

Best Spectator Line heard at Stanford during a standing O for BK: "Finally, some MUSIC!! Thank you, BK!!!"

Edited by TRacer

Blue Knights playing 11 minutes of recognizable music with TWO complete pushes, not a weak 4 count mini push/run around/4 more counts/more running...wow.

Best Spectator Line heard at Stanford during a standing O for BK: "Finally, some MUSIC!! Thank you, BK!!!"

You mean, they played something that was recognizable AS music, or the music they played was just stuff you'd happened to have heard before?

tongue.gif

You mean, they played something that was recognizable AS music, or the music they played was just stuff you'd happened to have heard before?

tongue.gif

PS:

That said, I loved BK's show at Stanford too, and I would have loved it regardless of whether the music was recognizable to me or not.

(There's always good music we haven't heard, isn't there? After all, we're not perfect.)

Dare I mention the Bridgemen's drumline blindfolding themselves and then playing? That was before many of you were born, but something for the ages.

yeah, but see the trick there was that they could see through the blindfolds so great visually, but not that difficult from a percussion standpoint.

But I still enjoy the heck out of it when they did it.

Finally something not so recent.....a salute to you.

I thought we were talking about "wow" moments from the current season. If I'm wrong, there are waaaay too many to mention over the years but my first one would be 1985 Suncoast... "The Lick"

I thought this thread was open to all shows in general. So I just picked the most memorable to me, that I had seen live. :lookaround:

A great "wow moment" for me was way back in 1979 at DCI Prelims. One of the smaller corps, don't remember which one, may have even been a DII corps, marched in a block formation from the left end zone when they entered the field (pre-show). When they got to the 50 they rotated the block!! :worthy: The crowd went crazy!! :worthy:

As far as I know nobody had rotated a form like that, at least not that I had ever seen. Then again, I was pretty new to drum corps at that time.

Does anybody know who this might have been, and was that the first rotated formation?

Since this forum topic wasn't specific I'll post this:

One of the biggest wow moments for me was when Phantom Regiment beat Blue Devils at Finals in 2008, especially after being 3rd in Quarterfinals.