any discussion on the guards in dci this year?

guard4me

because it's not 20 lbs of crap in a 10 lb bag that doesn't make sense???

in regards to PR guard. :thumbup:

phantom regiment color guard is exquisitley beautiful!their movement program sublime and artisticly applied serving the wondeful classic score at every turn!

this is color guard in it's most pure form and it's easthetic value is overwhelmingly refreshing and unique among thier competitors.attention should be paid to these incredibly gifted performers and designers.thank you phantom regiment for remianing true to your identity and your legacy to the activity! :worthy:

Edited by dugg

in regards to PR guard. :thumbup:

phantom regiment color guard is exquisitley beautiful!their movement program sublime and artisticly applied serving the wondeful classic score at every turn!

this is color guard in it's most pure form and it's easthetic value is overwhelmingly refreshing and unique among thier competitors.attention should be paid to these incredibly gifted performers and designers.thank you phantom regiment for remianing true to your identity and your legacy to the activity! :worthy:

i so agree as far as the presentation...spinning skills, written equipment book....just have to respectfully disagree as far as movement...WGI ..HS A class.....I will admit it does work but as you say they are or seem so talented I think movement wise it could have went beyond basic although I suppose it fits. that aside YES beautiful presentation....JMO :smile:

Edited by GUARDLING

disagree as far as movement...WGI ..HS A class.....:smile:

LOL! :rolleyes:

really my dear guardling?don't think so....i can't recall,do you have some kind of a beef with the choreographers there?LOL! :shutup:

well they were first in guard tonight in the tournament of champions show in houston tx! :thumbup:

i enjoy reading your thoughts so keep on posting! :cool:

LOL! :rolleyes:

really my dear guardling?don't think so....i can't recall,do you have some kind of a beef with the choreographers there?LOL! :shutup:

well they were first in guard tonight in the tournament of champions show in houston tx! :thumbup:

i enjoy reading your thoughts so keep on posting! :cool:

DUGGIE , DUGGIE DUGGIE MY PASSION PET..LOL no beef at all..... :rolleyes: .its really not hard to see how dated they are.....stange part is Ive heard judges say it..hmmmmmm....well u know how reliable that is :lookaround: .I still think its the only part that still looks 1980s but hey nostaglia seems to be making a comeback in DCI at least for now so thats cool........Last i saw them they are rediculous clean so for that :thumbup:

going all female for sure isnt hurting this group at all and kudos to those cleaners..Ive always said a good tech is maybe even more valuable than some writers or at least equal

Edited by GUARDLING

i'm agreeing with you here. but what i'm noticing is that all the guards look the same.. they all spin the same way.. same technique.. same style.. not much setting one guard apart from another. no distinct style... nothing really new, different, or exciting... BORING.... did notice cavies guard on stilts... and phanton has a distinct style... crown w/ some crazy tricks... other than that... BORING

These are supposed to be the best color guards in the world, and no one is pushing much of anything.. Kind of sad.. I'm watching corps almost contantly in straight lines and boxes, guard mostly staged as an after-thought. minimal integration....

That's because they aren't, WGI Independent World has the best in the worldsmile.gif

That's because they aren't, WGI Independent World has the best in the worldsmile.gif

Sorry if I'm taking you too seriously, but that's a silly thing to argue. What makes a color guard the "best"? Their talent? Skill? Passion? If anything, we should be discussing the designers and choreographers who instruct these individuals on what to do. And comparing the two activities, even with all their overlaps, is apples to oranges.

• Like 1

Sorry if I'm taking you too seriously, but that's a silly thing to argue. What makes a color guard the "best"? Their talent? Skill? Passion? If anything, we should be discussing the designers and choreographers who instruct these individuals on what to do. And comparing the two activities, even with all their overlaps, is apples to oranges.

Yes. WGI obviously has less restrictions in regards to age, so a performer can go on to improve years after the 21 yr. limit. You're right, it is apples to oranges.

we should be discussing the designers and choreographers who instruct these individuals on what to do.

you go first! :thumbup:

I'll agree with Phantom's movement program being a bit of a throwback - but - I see how some of todays movement seems to be done for movement's sake - and doesn't always fit the music or theme that well - it seems to be all about "look how bizarre we can be" - or "see how cutting edge our movement can be"

Phantom seems to have made a very conscious desicion to strip their guard program done to the essentials - and it just works for them!

My favorite guards this year though are Cavies and Crown - the demand and execution is insane !!!!! I love it.

But I am also loving Phantom's guard (and I was more than a bit skeptical before the season began).

Also - I wish Blue Devils would start exploring movement under a toss and expanding on the work they do between sets - not just when they are on place.

later,

Mike

Why did I like Crossmen's guard in 2010 and in 2011 on FN? The flag book accentuated/es the music well both years. Am I looney? Help!!! Someone please analyze me. I'm trying to understand why I like them. Thank you :-)