Phantom Regiment 2011 Shades of 96

After watching Phantom live 3 times and viewing the Stanford show at least 20 times. I'm starting to get a feel for the 96 championship run. More than a few, including myself have commented on the drill difficulty or lack there of as well as major improvements in their color guard. Even with the ease of the drill they are for the most part hitting their marks and sets. If I recall correctly the 96 show recieved the same type of reviews.

I've spent several hours focusing on just the color guard and in my opinion this is one of the best Phantom has ever had.

Any thoughts?

Phantom had those "moments" in 96 that I don't feel this year's arrangements have. Especially with as quick as the build to the hit in Elsa's is.

Yeah, Wagner shows up at the end of the show.

My opinion: Wagner wrote as dark if not darker than Shostakovich. My opinion, nothing more, nothing less.

My daughter's opinion: She has yet to come off the field without being teary eyed. THAT'S why she does drum corps! Mission accomplished..........so far.

This program will grow and morph like everyone else's show. We get to watch and see what happens! Sounds like a good summer!

Yeah, Wagner shows up at the end of the show.

My opinion: Wagner wrote as dark if not darker than Shostakovich. My opinion, nothing more, nothing less.

My daughter's opinion: She has yet to come off the field without being teary eyed. THAT'S why she does drum corps! Mission accomplished..........so far.

This program will grow and morph like everyone else's show. We get to watch and see what happens! Sounds like a good summer!

Guard member, correct?

Guard member, correct?

Yup. Also a musician.

Cool. Can't wait to see them in Murfreesboro!

If all goes well, I'll get to see them the week before. Plus Murf, ATL and semis and finals. This kid is breaking this band director!$$$$$$

If all goes well, I'll get to see them the week before. Plus Murf, ATL and semis and finals. This kid is breaking this band director!$$$$$$

I don't have any children, but after sponsoring one and volunteering this year, it'll feel like I do!

After watching Phantom live 3 times and viewing the Stanford show at least 20 times. I'm starting to get a feel for the 96 championship run. More than a few, including myself have commented on the drill difficulty or lack there of as well as major improvements in their color guard. Even with the ease of the drill they are for the most part hitting their marks and sets. If I recall correctly the 96 show recieved the same type of reviews.

I've spent several hours focusing on just the color guard and in my opinion this is one of the best Phantom has ever had.

Any thoughts?

When I saw Phantom Regiment at a June show in '96 I turned to my friend and said, "That could be a winning show". He scoffed at me. Without having seen them live my opinion might not hold much weight but I just don't see this year's show as having the same potential. I'm sure it will be entertaining but I don't see it ever grabbing me like the Shostokovich.