Hostrauser's DCI Rankings

Thanks Hostrauser.

Cali.

Thanks Hostrauser.

Cali.

Quite....

THANK YOU for doing this, and SORRY for the pages of bitter posters to follow who can't just take it for what it's worth and passively give you crap for your rankings because you didn't rank their corps in as favorable a manner as they had hoped.

In all honesty you and the lady that jumped all over me seem to be the only bitter posters in the thread.

Edited by CQuinn
  • Like 1

i also enjoy Hostrauser's rankings.i know he has been doing them the past few seasons. does anyone know how accurate he is placement wise when the regional comes around?

HOSTRAUSER's DCI RANKINGS - WEEK 2 (6/27 - 7/3)

WORLD CLASS

80.85 The Cavaliers

80.25 The Cadets

79.85 Carolina Crown

79.45 Blue Devils

77.70 Phantom Regiment

77.15 Santa Clara Vanguard

77.00 Bluecoats

76.90 Madison Scouts

74.80 Blue Stars

74.30 Blue Knights

74.20 Boston Crusaders

72.45 Spirit of Atlanta

------------------------------------

71.55 Glassmen

71.15 Troopers

71.10 The Academy

69.85 Colts

69.65 Crossmen

67.10 Pacific Crest

64.70 Mandarins

64.65 Cascades

63.95 Teal Sound

61.30 Jersey Surf

59.85 Pioneer

Even more interesting would be: Estimate the empty caption scores based on your opinions in Brass, Percussion and Color Guard. Then let's see where the corps Rank.\\I believe Madison would be higher. SCV would be MUCH lower. Crossmen would move up as well as Troopers. The fight at the top would put Crown in 1st or 2nd. Just food for thought.

Even more interesting would be: Estimate the empty caption scores based on your opinions in Brass, Percussion and Color Guard. Then let's see where the corps Rank.\\I believe Madison would be higher. SCV would be MUCH lower. Crossmen would move up as well as Troopers. The fight at the top would put Crown in 1st or 2nd. Just food for thought.

I have actually considered that, but just don't have the time for it. My spreadsheet is setup as a pretty fluid template after years of trial and error, so it really is just a drop the scores in and go sort of situation. I have to do minor tweaks to the formulas each week based on who performed when and where, but that's about it.

Also, SCV has been performing on full sheets out west, so they wouldn't change at all.

Whats holding Teal Sound back,haven't seen them but sounds like thier shows is in line with some other's here . From the darker side ?

Edited by Florida Sun

If he had posted:

1 The Cavaliers 0

2 The Cadets -0.6

3 Carolina Crown -0.4

4 Blue Devils -0.4

5 Phantom Regiment -1.75

6 Santa Clara Vanguard -0.55

7 Bluecoats -0.15

8 Madison Scouts -0.1

9 Blue Stars -2.1

10 Blue Knights -0.5

11 Boston Crusaders -0.1

12 Spirit of Atlanta -1.75

would that be better?

Hey.... that's how my rankings used to look. :rolleyes:

I scrolled back on this thread, but havn't seen any " bitter posters" that gave Hostrauser " crap " for this. Some ( like me ) think it's a silly methodology used, but said it's fine and cool, and even cautioned others about not beating him up for his " rankings ". What posters on this thread appeared " bitter " because " their Corps wasn't ranked in a favorable manner" ? Poster " CQuinn " ? His post wasn't all that " bitter " or " obnoxious " in my opinion. Maybe there's a history with this poster I should know about ? Thats because his post.. and link above.. seemed rather tame to me. What am I missing ?

You're not missing anything. Cquinn's (HER) post was fine. I've been getting Mike Del Corso's score updates for years now and also think they are the best gauge of where the corps stand from day to day. If Hostrauser wants to do it his way - no problem.

Edited by SFZFAN
  • Like 1