The Center of Centerville

How is INT doing tonight? I heard they had a new closer. :tongue:

I saw them in Muncie and they need to make some visual changes if they want to make finals this year! If they add some tarps to the show I think they will be able to make finals again this year. They need to have a big football helmet with the Indianapolis Colts logo on it in the center of the field and they need some tarps to liven up the endzones! If the staff is willing to make these changes I could see them making a strong run at finals, not championship caliber, but I think they will end up in the middle of the pack!

Is it the same judges as last night?

Not sure but I think one of the judges from last night is judging tonight... because one of the judges was one of my high school band directors and I was trying to talk to her last night and I got no response for the whole day... the only time she does that is when she is judging.

I saw them in Muncie and they need to make some visual changes if they want to make finals this year! If they add some tarps to the show I think they will be able to make finals again this year. They need to have a big football helmet with the Indianapolis Colts logo on it in the center of the field and they need some tarps to liven up the endzones! If the staff is willing to make these changes I could see them making a strong run at finals, not championship caliber, but I think they will end up in the middle of the pack!

Thats great to see!! Hopefully they will bring there A game to Houston and SA!

I'm catching up on this thread;

Is this a big enough spread to get Bluecoats, Blue Devils, Cadets, Crown, Madison, and Santa Clara Vanguard in between these scores (I put them alaphabetically not personal preference)

Actually Int would like to fit in the spread also!

• Like 1

What's at the center of Centerville?

Fairborn?

Is the center of the Dayton Metro area Centerville?

Actually, at the center of Centerville is a Graeter's ice cream, City BBQ, and a Panera. :thumbup:

Like modern drum corps forms, Centerville has an asymetrical shape, so identifying its geographic center would be a challenge. But the intersection of Main and Franklin, which you identify and local businesses apparently call "the Heart of Centerville", seems like a good choice. My sister and brother-in-law, many years ago, lived about four blocks from there, and two from the high school. I went to an Elks football game once, probably in 1990, and was stunned to see that the Centerville Jazz (=marching) Band had a marching electric bass player; another student always walked beside him with the amp.

The website for the Washington Centerville Public Library says the town, "situated on the divide between the Little Miami and Great Miami Rivers, was so named because it flourished as a hub of activity, equidistant from several early towns." It is by no means the center of the greater Dayton area, being situated to the southeast (and Fairborn, where Wright Patterson Air Force Base is located, is about fifeen miles north-northeast of Centerville, as the F-15 flies).

Thats great to see!! Hopefully they will bring there A game to Houston and SA!

There was a rumor that INT wasn't even going to appear at SA. I think that's crazy! Everyone loves INT, we NEED INT! I think it's a false rumor though.

Troop!

I'd be willing to put money that someone is going to start a drum corps one day actually named INT...:rolleyes::tongue:

I'd be willing to put money that someone is going to start a drum corps one day actually named INT...:rolleyes::tongue:

From Munchie, IND