What corps do you think a rookie should join?

Wow I NEVER THOUGHT OF THAT! You are a life saver! If I do indeed carpool with my friends to night beat then that's what I will do!!!!

Well, I've been around awhile and during that time, I've talked to a few people.

Well, I've been around awhile and during that time, I've talked to a few people.

I'm just afraid of the current member's hostility. If I do get on the line, someone gets replaced.

I'm just afraid of the current member's hostility. If I do get on the line, someone gets replaced.

Well, they sure weren't concerned about that when they auditioned, and besides, many of them will be aging out.

You've got to ask yourself this question: "Do I want to march or not?"

Well, they sure weren't concerned about that when they auditioned, and besides, many of them will be aging out.

You've got to ask yourself this question: "Do I want to march or not?"

Of course I wanna march!

Of course I wanna march!

Then contact a corps you're interested in and offer to volunteer for a day. Angst only goes so far in this activity. The rest is up to you. Crank out those e-mails!

I have concluded that I am going to dedicate the next nine months preparing to audition for a corps! Which corps do you think is best suited for a first year person? (my dream is to be in the scouts)

It doesn't matter where you march....just march.

I made BD my first time ever...it was also my rook-out year and I had no idea what I was really getting myself into!

You want Scouts?? Go for Scouts...the worst they can say is "not this year"...but nothing says you can't audition again. One of the guys in BD's 07 snare line made it on his 3rd or 4th try...and he was in the B corps previously.

I'm with Sam, JUST MARCH ! Being 15, you have a long time left to march. If you don't make the cut the first year, look into marching Open Class, you can get a lot of experience there. I was a rook-out myself, and kick myself often for not marching before then. I'm planning on going to Finals this year for the first time in over 30 years. It's still in my blood !

Michael Boo get the patience award of the night :worthy::worthy:

• Like 1

Michael Boo get the patience award of the night :worthy::worthy:

Patience has kept me from sauteing a few livers with some fava beans and a nice chianti.

• Like 1

It doesn't matter where you march....just march.

I made BD my first time ever...it was also my rook-out year and I had no idea what I was really getting myself into!

You want Scouts?? Go for Scouts...the worst they can say is "not this year"...but nothing says you can't audition again. One of the guys in BD's 07 snare line made it on his 3rd or 4th try...and he was in the B corps previously.

I have a phobia of failure. Lol. But I will take ur advice and go for it. I am only 15. I'm just feeling the pressure because three of my close friends are in Top three corps lol. They tell me how awesome it is! Soon I will find out for myself :)