The Cavaliers 2002 vs The Cadets 2005

108 members have voted

1. 1. Which corps would win in a head-to-head competition as they performed on finals night?

• 2002 The Cavaliers
    • 2005 The Cadets

Inspired by a poll I saw pitting Cadets 07 and Crown 09 against eachother, I hatched this poll (yes, it did come from an egg, the video is on the forbidden site) So, DCP, where is your vote? Both corps, in the judges eyes, were the closest a corps has ever come to reaching perfection, the sacred 99.150. So yeah, do the vote thingy, say why, give a shoe size, etc etc.

I think Cadets, merely by the fact that they won all of the captions. So, they were clean.

Cavies were probably more audience friendly, though.

Admittedly, I didn't get the Cadets' show at first.

and by the way, nice continuation of my thread! See? i think doing these comparisons is fun!

• Like 1

Honestly, I think if both show were performed in 2002 (I know the amps were not possible by rule..... but what if), then Cavies would have taken it.... but in 2005, and certainly today, Cadets would win (probably by a pretty wide margin). While "Frameworks" was excellent.... it does not quite have the complexity and depth of today's top shows... and I think "The Zone" was probably the show that really pushed drum corps design into what it is now. Honestly, I love 2002 Cavies because of its clarity and focus.. but it seems today's judges love GE heaped on top of more GE.... and that design would not cut it now.... Kind of a shame, but that's the way it goes.

In other news.... I don't think either show would have been close to the 2010 Blue Devils.

Edited by Tez

In other news.... I don't think either show would have been close to the 2010 Blue Devils.

You mean close as in far ahead of it, right? :ph34r: I think those three shows pitted together, BD would be far behind the others.

In all seriousness, I think Cadets 05 would take it. That show had much more substance to it, and was performed spotlessly. And the caption sweep sure helped that out. I think the Cadets can be thanked for pushing the envelope, by taking the Cavaliers method for sharp visuals, and really taking it to another level, adding imagination and GE into a great visual package.

While I'm not a fan of Bocooks writing, he did come up with some gems in 05. Everything clicked for the Cadets from an ensemble standpoint on finals night. They overcame alot that summer to get to where they ended up.

Why is it better than Cavies 02? I wouldn't say better ... just different. Both had excellent shows and excellent performances. There was more complexity and depth to the Cadets program ... solo work on both were equal. I'm pretty sure the Cadets drumline would have smoked 02 by a healthy margin.

It's the old drum corps saying, "Higher, Faster, Louder ... we win". But it should say, "Higher, Faster, Louder, Cleaner, More notes, Tastier Beats and a stupid Door".

2002 Cavaliers, by far. 2005 Cadets is one of my LEAST favorite shows, ever.

I don't think the question was "which is your favorite show?".

Since Cadets 2005 took all captions, I think they'd take it. Also, I don't think cavies 2002 should not have gotten the score they did. Just watch the end of the show. Guard was all over the place, there was a horn member who missed the halt and quite a few other things I noticed during that show.

• Like 1

2002 Cavaliers, by far. 2005 Cadets is one of my LEAST favorite shows, ever.

I'm noticing a pattern with you...

a very clear pattern.

• Like 1