The Colts owe me a BIG apology!

Being at a show 6 out of 7 yrs is a disclaimer.( So the G-8 is not the TOC, Its Japan, Russia, Germany, and five more! the poster mentioned what a good show the Colts put on, so what is your problem ? You were waiting for the performing corps to be compared to the G8 ? You were waiting for people to comment what a great show this was considering they were lesser corps ? Was there not proper homage paid to corps that were not even in the stadium. The poster mentioned what a nice time was had. Where did all of this come from ????

I went to the Colts home show last night in Dubuque. And I'm sorry to say that I found myself completely entertained despite the fact that not one G8 corps was there. I thought that type of thing was NOT supposed to happen!! I think somebody owes me an apology.

It all started with the Colt Cadets. I knew those kids were up to no good the minute I heard the hot drum licks and saw their energetic marching. Then they had the gall to play music that entertained the crowd. Notorious indeed!

But it didn't stop there. Next came Teal Sound. And how were they? Well, lets just say they committed the 8th sin with their show - being entertaining! I took a few minutes to compose myself. "Maybe they just didn't get the memo," I thought. "Spirit is up next. Surely THEY know how it's supposed to be. They'll follow the rules and come out flat and dull like - wait a minute..."

Spirit was entertaining too! Then it just wouldn't stop... Glassmen? Entertaining. Madison? Entertaining. Boston? Entertaining. Colts? Entertaining. It was as if EVERY corps planned on being entertaining from the very beginning!! Dear God, what a disaster.

Oh, and I'm not the only one who was entertained. I looked around and all I could see were rows and rows of smiling faces. "Stop, STOP!" I cried, "This is NOT the way it's supposed to be!" But people just kept on enjoying the show and cheering for all the corps anyway. The poor fools.

So today I'm upset and a little worried. If this entertainment thing catches on with every corps that is not G8, well, I just don't think drum corps will ever be the same again. Heaven help us.

:worthy: best post I've ever read on these forums!!! If I could give you +1000000, I would. :)

Why? Because this is a TOC bashing thread cleverly hidden behind a "I really liked the Dubuque show" thread. Sick of it, get over it. It's an experimental show format that may not even exist next year. I ask again, if the point wasn't just to bash the TOC corps, then what was the point in mentioning them?

• Like 2

Lol, ya kills me, keeps me up nights pulling out my hair and mumbling nonsense. Seeing a therapist three times a week. The OP insinuates in his post that the TOC corps or fans would roll their eyes at the pointlessness of a show without one of them there. That is what I take issue with, and any thread identifying the TOC corps as the G-8 is troll bait at best. Dubuque is a great show, been there 6 out of last 7 years, but a thread truly designed to promote how great the show is would not have needed any comments in relation to the TOC corps whatsoever.

Of course it's not the G8, BozzlyB. It's the same G7 you refuse to acknowledge plus one more thrown in to make it look like it's not the G7.

(I, for one, will never hold Blue Stars in the same camp as the G7. They weren't named, they weren't a part.)

That's the fact that makes the point of the OP so significant.

Accept it and defend it, but don't pretend it's not what it is.

EDIT: And Bozzly, the people here who can laugh at the irony are the ones not taking it too seriously. 33 replies and 33 green pluses, with a "Popular" star to boot, says quite a bit don't you say?

Edited by garfield
  • Like 2

Hooray to a great thread! And an unintended (and deserved) little kick in the pants to overly-proud parents like me who have a kid in a G8 corps (or whatever you want to call them). Just appreciate the shows...wherever...and whoever is on the field! It's much more fun and entertaining that way.

• Like 2

Hooray to a great thread! And an unintended (and deserved) little kick in the pants to overly-proud parents like me who have a kid in a G8 corps (or whatever you want to call them). Just appreciate the shows...wherever...and whoever is on the field! It's much more fun and entertaining that way.

Be sure we do. Politics aside we all enjoy the shows.

It's just a little, harmless fun even with the kick in the pants.

Great thread! G8 corps are great, everybody else is great. Everyone's great. They're gonna do great.

That's great!

tony_tiger_grrrreat_sm.jpg