Bluestars top Bluecoats in percussion last night.

Okay, here I go on my soapbox again.

Bluestars

Blue Coats

• Like 2

Comparing scores from shows with completely different judges panels doesn't really tell you anything. SCV has beaten almost every other group head to head in percussion at one point or another so far this year. That's a little better indicator than those "score rankings".

Agreed...but SCV has also been beaten a few times in head to head match ups...including by Bluecoats.

Those recaps have to be wrong.

From counting the individual scoring captions, SCV comes out 1.7 ahead of Blue Stars.

I counted twice, I'll count again to make sure.

Nevermind.

I forgot GE is scored differently.

Edited by BoyWonder1911

SCV didnt exactly blow Blue Stars out of the water in percussion tonight.

I love the Cavies' book this year. Every year I think Mac can't come up with something new, and every year, he does exactly that.

Seriously. I was wondering if their line would take a hit after Jim Casella left, was impressed when they rekindled the relationship with McIntosh, and they've been rolling ever since! They drummed well last year and are on the next level this year.

Seriously. I was wondering if their line would take a hit after Jim Casella left, was impressed when they rekindled the relationship with McIntosh, and they've been rolling ever since! They drummed well last year and are on the next level this year.

And Congrats to the Blue Stars percussion. Cool to see Aungst and Larrivee doing their thing and doing it well!

^ They are both very good, but if you are going to give out credit, give some credit also to the staff that actually instructs them the 70% of the time Tom and Neil aren't there.

• Like 1

Agreed...but SCV has also been beaten a few times in head to head match ups...including by Bluecoats.

They're talking about drum scores only, not overall corps placement .