Brass Impact Show

Those poor kids. My heart goes out to every one of them. My daughter is in Guard for the Blue Knights. Tonight my wish is that all the kids in every corps performing are healthy and safe. I could never do what these kids do; I don't even think I would make it through watching them without melting.

Although this is a competition I am equally wishing every corps the best, whoever wins wins! I just want them to be safe. Good luck to every corps member, you are all so dedicated, it makes me proud to love drum corps. :big hug:

Those poor kids. My heart goes out to every one of them. My daughter is in Guard for the Blue Knights. Tonight my wish is that all the kids in every corps performing are healthy and safe. I could never do what these kids do; I don't even think I would make it through watching them without melting.

Although this is a competition I am equally wishing every corps the best, whoever wins wins! I just want them to be safe. Good luck to every corps member, you are all so dedicated, it makes me proud to love drum corps. :big hug:

I agree. I also have a daughter in BAC guard and their "costumes" are hot (velvet!). Can't wait to get a text from her after the show that she is feeling ok. I'm kinda worried about these kids over the next week down south...at least they'll be in a dome in Texas!

I agree. I also have a daughter in BAC guard and their "costumes" are hot (velvet!). Can't wait to get a text from her after the show that she is feeling ok. I'm kinda worried about these kids over the next week down south...at least they'll be in a dome in Texas!

Try having a bus with a broken A/C unit in Texas in August (BAC 1990)...Now that is a disaster...

Try having a bus with a broken A/C unit in Texas in August (BAC 1990)...Now that is a disaster...

Can't imagine it....the site where BAC stayed yesterday and today had A/C in the gym.....how lucky is that!

Can't imagine it....the site where BAC stayed yesterday and today had A/C in the gym.....how lucky is that!

Not luck.....just part of the master plan...

EGGGGSCELLENT....(clasps hands togther while sitting in a large wicker chair...) :tongue:

Not too worry, WELOVEGUARD.....BAC's staff (like most) has alot of common sense when it comes to the conditions....the kids are well-hydrated and well-fed.

Not luck.....just part of the master plan...

EGGGGSCELLENT....(clasps hands togther while sitting in a large wicker chair...) :tongue:

Not too worry, WELOVEGUARD.....BAC's staff (like most) has alot of common sense when it comes to the conditions....the kids are well-hydrated and well-fed.

We've been thrilled with the whole drum corps experience. This is our daughter's 5th year (1st with BAC) she was 4 years with Jersey Surf. Both organizations are tremendous and we are so impressed with the whole tradition and family feeling that the corps has. Best of luck to all the corps....and looks like we aren't done with drum corps when our daughter ages out next year...our youngest (14) is into colorguard in the high school already....

We've been thrilled with the whole drum corps experience. This is our daughter's 5th year (1st with BAC) she was 4 years with Jersey Surf. Both organizations are tremendous and we are so impressed with the whole tradition and family feeling that the corps has. Best of luck to all the corps....and looks like we aren't done with drum corps when our daughter ages out next year...our youngest (14) is into colorguard in the high school already....

I've been following the world of drum corps since '98 when my son joined BK. He aged out from the Blue Devils in '02. He's been a visual tech for BK for the last 5 years. He's at the competition tonight as well but he's seasoned and not on the field. This is my daughter's first year. This is the first summer I can remember being this brutal. I am fortunate to get to go to SA this Saturday, I can't wait to see them and just get a big hug.

Edited by Tricia-A BD/BK Mom

Just spent a week on the road with Blue Knights - kids health and nutrition and safety is priority one. They are Well fed (4 meals a day)- plenty of water and water breaks. The BK staff is very cognizant of the weather and their limits, as I am sure all corps are. Some of the BK kids are fighting colds/flu so keeping them healthy for the push into Texas is important. (Texas is BK home-away-from-home) It does no one any good to run the kids into the ground. The hot weather seems to be following BK - the northwest had it's first heat wave of the year the week we were there. NOT fun. :blink:

I've been following the world of drum corps since '98 when my son joined BK. He aged out from the Blue Devils in '02. He's been a visual tech for BK for the last 5 years. He's at the competition tonight as well but he's seasoned and not on the field. This is the first summer I can remember being this brutal. I am fortunate to get to go to SA this Saturday, I can't wait to see them and just get a big hug.

Hope to be able to meet you Saturday, Tricia. :)

Just spent a week on the road with Blue Knights - kids health and nutrition and safety is priority one. They are Well fed (4 meals a day)- plenty of water and water breaks. The BK staff is very cognizant of the weather and their limits, as I am sure all corps are. Some of the BK kids are fighting colds/flu so keeping them healthy for the push into Texas is important. (Texas is BK home-away-from-home) It does no one any good to run the kids into the ground. The hot weather seems to be following BK - the northwest had it's first heat wave of the year the week we were there. NOT fun. :blink:

Thank you! I am glad to hear this, Stacia has been fighting a cold and her eyes got sunburned (who knew). We'll have to plan a place to meet. Again, thank you for telling me this, it helps with the worry. I never really used my cell phone before but this summer I have it pasted on me. I don't want to miss a single call or text.