Our pet peeves

Inspired by a thread I was reading, I decided to start this to discuss the minute details that we all need in our lives with regard to how different aspects of drum corps is dealt with.

For instance, someone made a remark about the spelling of drum corps as drum corp. Yeah, it bugs me too, and I'm sure you.

Another pet peeve that comes to the mind of many corps fans is when people call it band, and you find the need to make the distinction.

There must be others... discuss!

• Like 1

not a spelling issue but it's The Regiment, not Phantom.

• Like 2

Inspired by a thread I was reading, I decided to start this to discuss the minute details that we all need in our lives with regard to how different aspects of drum corps is dealt with.

For instance, someone made a remark about the spelling of drum corps as drum corp. Yeah, it bugs me too, and I'm sure you.

Another pet peeve that comes to the mind of many corps fans is when people call it band, and you find the need to make the distinction.

There must be others... discuss!

Oh, thank you. Drum "corp" is just wrong and every time someone uses that "spelling," a giraffe dies in Uganda.

My battle against "Bluestars" and "Blue Coats" is well documented. That's how Satan spells those names.

I realize it's an uphill battle to purge "drumline" from the lexicon ever since the movie of the same name popularized the errant use of one word in the place of two. I've decided I've lost that one.

I'm also not fond of 'Coats as an abbreviation for Bluecoats. For heaven's sake, you're saving just three keystrokes. Three keystrokes! That's the "goo" in "thunderous goo."

• Like 6

To save Boo the trouble... :tongue:

Blue Coats

Bluestars.

(and more recently)

Blue Star

You got there while I was penning my missive.

I was aware that "Blue Star" was sneaking in to the lexicon of the lazy, but I'll keep my eye open for it and the cyberpalm of my hand open wide to electronically slap people upside their cyberheads.

• Like 1

To save Boo the trouble... :tongue:

Blue Coats

Bluestars.

(and more recently)

Blue Star

Was that my gaff from another thread less than an hour ago? I think I said Blue Star's... i meant Blue Stars'

ha! look at me go!

I'll go edit it!

I'm also not fond of 'Coats as an abbreviation for Bluecoats. For heaven's sake, you're saving just three keystrokes. Three keystrokes! That's the "goo" in "thunderous goo."

4 if you don't use the apostrophe.

not a spelling issue but it's The Regiment, not Phantom.

That was on the list I created a few minutes ago, but I thought it best to let a Phan deal with that one. (That might be part of the problem...They call themselves "Phans" and not "Regs.")

Edited by Michael Boo

Its Spartacus not Sparticus!

• Like 3