Cadets will win this year

I think Cadets concept has more room to grow (and clean). Ssure, Cavies could do the same, but I have a feeling. Problem is, I think Crown needs to be added to the equation. They are the "darkhorse" this year because no one is talking about the. It's all about Cavies and Cadets. Beware the Rach Star!

I think Cadets concept has more room to grow (and clean). Ssure, Cavies could do the same, but I have a feeling. Problem is, I think Crown needs to be added to the equation. They are the "darkhorse" this year because no one is talking about the. It's all about Cavies and Cadets. Beware the Rach Star!

Actually, I think of the three corps mentioned the Cavies show has the most room to grow and add ideas musically,visually, and theatrics. They also need to clean and sell the show even more then they are. I can watch the Cavies show and in multiple spots think somethings gonna be added/changed. The show just seems incomplete. And I have a feeling the design team has something planned.

On the other hand, The Cadets, need to be careful because if they continue to add too much to the show it may end up taking away from their current program. Definitly think they need to clean and tweak some spots, maybe add some. But too much may take it over the top, and not in a good way. They have a beautiful program and dont need many more "gimmicks" or "cheese".

Carolina Crown, needs to clean, clean, clean. I think they may have a few tricks left, but again watching the show, and with the addition of the encore section and changes to the closer it seems to be most complete of the three.

Edited by GREENBLUE

While I understand that the days when breakneck drill moves were the “in” thing to do are gone, there are still some corps that at least “attempt” to entertain us visually with their marching program. The Blue Devils are not one of those corps (IMO).

Of course they execute well, they’re not doing anything visually that would impair their ability to play well.

So, why are they getting credit for being so good when in reality, it isn’t all that hard to play when you have practically no marching responsibilities? (Compared to corps like Cadets, Cavies, Regiment and others)

This might be the silliest thing I've seen on DCP (and I've been here awhile...)

• Like 1

Maybe you could expand on why you think that is the silliest thing youve seen on DCP.. Because personally I agree with the Post you referenced

Personally, I think that just because you can do something to enhance a show doesn't mean that it's appropriate for the show. A perfect example is the trend of adding body movement to a show, whether in a brass or drum feature. It caught on like wildfire and IMO did not enhance the shows that seemed to be doing it because it was the "in" thing to do.

That said, just because BD doesn't have as demanding of drill (as some say), doesn't mean that it doesn't complete their show concept as they imagined or designed. The answer is all in what is found to be appropriate for any given show or corps style/identity.

Actually, I think of the three corps mentioned the Cavies show has the most room to grow and add ideas musically,visually, and theatrics. They also need to clean and sell the show even more then they are. I can watch the Cavies show and in multiple spots think somethings gonna be added/changed. The show just seems incomplete. And I have a feeling the design team has something planned.

On the other hand, The Cadets, need to be careful because if they continue to add too much to the show it may end up taking away from their current program. Definitly think they need to clean and tweak some spots, maybe add some. But too much may take it over the top, and not in a good way. They have a beautiful program and dont need many more "gimmicks" or "cheese".

Carolina Crown, needs to clean, clean, clean. I think they may have a few tricks left, but again watching the show, and with the addition of the encore section and changes to the closer it seems to be most complete of the three.

That's funny seeing as how a lot of people are saying Cavies has no weaknesses.

Lol, they're not really the "darkhorse". They're show is great, they beat Cavies the first show, beat Cadets a couple times, but Cadets came back and beat them. There are no darkhorses here. Every one of those corps are in a position where they could possibly take the title.

Edited by 2000Cadet

They've had two rehearsal days (and some decent floor time). We'll see what happens tonight!

As for the show being "complete" I somehow doubt that :-)

Lol, they're not really the "darkhorse". They're show is great, they beat Cavies the first show, beat Cadets a couple times, but Cadets came back and beat them. There are no darkhorses here. Every one of those corps are in a position where they could possibly take the title.

I think we might be in for another round of trading places this season!

I think we might be in for another round of trading places this season!

I'm pretty sure of it. Like I said, they're all in a position to take the title this year.