Best corps names

Sorry bub, some jokes don't go over well.

The staff members and other corps members literally kept this corps from starving. That's where this nickname mostly comes from, and that's not funny. Ever. (and yes, I say that as one of the biggest trolls on the board)

But you are a newbie, so no worries! Just be careful with that one.

I only used it because it was a play on words and it was about cool names! I'm sorry if I offended you.

• Like 2

It's all good, my friend! You can't offend the trolls like myself. I'm just trying to save you some impending doom. :cool:

Edited by NewTuba2011

I don't think anyone has mentioned any of these:

Most Precious Blood Crusaders

Percussion-naut Patriots

Santa Clara Vanguard

The Academy

27th Lancers

Troopers

Empire Statesmen

Blue Rock

Colt .45

Holy Name Cadets

Madison Explorer Scouts

Imperials of St. Patrick

The Senators

Incognito

Magic of Orlando

Impulse

Reading Buccaneers

Forte

and of course...

THE THING :thumbup:

Edited by RockEuph
  • Like 2

There was a Corps from upstate New York, early 70's I believe, that was a merger of a couple of Corps. Apparently they could not come up with a name that would satisfy everybody in the merged Corps. So they finally decided on the name :

" The Thing ".

( no kiddin' either...they 'should've played " Wild Thing "by The Troggs. )

Edited by BRASSO

The Thing is the corps we know today as Pioneer. Unless there was more than one.

The Thing is the corps we know today as Pioneer. Unless there was more than one.

Actually, you're probably right. I can't imagine 2 Corps calling themselves " The Thing ".

I thought they were from upstate NY, but my guess, it was Wisco. I didn't realize that" The Thing" ultimately became the Corps we know today as " Pioneer ".

Actually, you're probably right. I can't imagine 2 Corps calling themselves " The Thing ".

I thought they were from upstate NY, but my guess, it was Wisco. I didn't realize that" The Thing" ultimately became the Corps we know today as " Pioneer ".

And their uniform combination when they became The Thing perfectly matched their name.

A perfect blend of green and purple???

The green came from the St. Patrick's Imperials, while the purple came from the Thunderbolts half of the merger.