Best corps names

Pioneer technically has a corporate based name. The Pioneer Container Company sponsored the new corps after it was formed from the Imperials of St. Patrick and The Mercury Thunderbolts. There is absolutely no connection between the company and the corps today, I don't know if the company even still exists.

Also, I think Minnesota Brass had a "corporate" name back during its early days, Grain Belt Diamonds, I believe was their name.

We could add Star of Indiana, right, since they were corporately sponsored, and the Cavaliers apparently got their name and logo from a cigarette brand, so should they count as well?

Phantom Regiment has got to be the most intimidating name for anything ever.

Also, PR kinda reminds me of that scene in The Social Network were Sean Parker tells Zuckerberg to drop The in "The Facebook". Taking the The off of Phantom Regiment just makes it so smooth and awesome.

Kilties and Chops Inc. are a couple of my faves too.

• Like 1

Phantom Regiment has got to be the most intimidating name for anything ever.

There was something about the Muchachoes ( sp ? ) that made the hair on the back of your neck stand up.

Belleville Black Knights; cool name, awesome uniforms.

• Like 2

There's a corps marching in DCUK just now called "The Company" which I think is quite a cool name.

Also, anything French sounding does it for me.

Black Diamond Regiment - outta the coal regions of PA IOW Black Diamond = coal

Hershey Chocolatiers - yeah that Hershey :tongue:

Always liked Ballentine Brewers and GWC Gay Blades as names but never saw them. Believe Carver was an all black corps as was Spirit of St Louis (Sr) which is also a cool name IMO.

Edit: What the Hell's a "Yankee Rebel" :tongue:

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Black Diamond Regiment - outta the coal regions of PA IOW Black Diamond = coal

Hershey Chocolatiers - yeah that Hershey :tongue:

Always liked Ballentine Brewers and GWC Gay Blades as names but never saw them. Believe Carver was an all black corps as was Spirit of St Louis (Sr) which is also a cool name IMO.

Edit: What the Hell's a "Yankee Rebel" :tongue:

Oof. Forgot about Hershey. Yes, GWC was all African-American (like the Minisink Warriors). Good call on the Yankee Rebels, too, the "jumbo shrimp" of dc.

Ace

Oof. Forgot about Hershey. Yes, GWC was all African-American (like the Minisink Warriors). Good call on the Yankee Rebels, too, the "jumbo shrimp" of dc.

Ace

LOL, I can't forget Hershey as I would have been a member of that corps instead of Westshoremen except for "that one thing". The one thing was my family didn't know Hershey had a corps at the time. :doh: It would have been an easier and safer trip than driving to WSM practice.

Westshoremen name belongs in the "Names that make no sense" category during the years they were from Harrisburg. REason is Harrisburg is from the EAST shore of the Susquehanna River.

Sky Ryders

• Like 1