Rockin Rockford

blink.gif

Just how does DCI *profit* from every vote cast? Love to hear this explanation....

Through a percentage of profit from the service provider they go through, just like American Idol and so many other entertainment ventures that work a deal to crank up the usage of cell phone/internet voting.

I had no idea it was the same number. Being that those posts on fb and twitter were from almost a month ago I am not sure that they had much of an impact. My guess is the fans voted for who they liked.

Indeed. It is a very distinct possibility it was a Cavies win, in house. However, many of the voters (as I originally stated) were not in the stadium.

General "who got a mass facebook message with the number, this very night" Tso Chicken

What did you think of Regiment when you saw them tonight in Rockford?

Yeah, i know i didnt see them live. However, ive seen recent vids, and are not better than Bloo. PR maybe had an awesome showing? Yeah most likely. But +1.75 at a home show is fishy in regards to an entertainment caption.

• Like 2

What did you think of Regiment when you saw them tonight in Rockford?

Wondering the same thing.

Indeed. It is a very distinct possibility it was a Cavies win, in house. However, many of the voters (as I originally stated) were not in the stadium.

General "who got a mass facebook message with the number, this very night" Tso Chicken

You did? I belong to The Cavaliers FB group(s), but got nothing from them.

Yeah, i know i didnt see them live. However, ive seen recent vids, and are not better than Bloo. PR maybe had an awesome showing? Yeah most likely. But +1.75 at a home show is fishy in regards to an entertainment caption.

Recent vids? Ok, now I see your problem.

You did? I belong to The Cavaliers FB group(s), but got nothing from them.

It was from a FMM. I can PM you the name and copy the email if you'd like. He sent it tons and tons of people, myself included on his friends list.

I shallt not be callin the boy out by name on the forum. Don't want to get LANCEd.

I don't think it has anything to do with a home show other than Phantom may have really put on an excellent show for the home crowd. And to be honest, many of us have seen vids of both corps and I would take issue that Regiment isn't better than Bloo. Not last year, but they are this year. You can't clean up boring......

Sorry, I just disagree with the premise that PR can't be better than Coats. Yes they can and by the scores from last night and tonight the judges obviously think so also. I'm not PR slappy and have been really critical of PR in the last 2 years, but this year they have a much better book and the scores are starting to prove that out.

• Like 4

The information for fan voting is plastered all over, just like the Tehas show things. Many voters were not in the stadium.

Sounds to me like a solid Chicago, Illinois politics model of voting, ie... " vote early, vote often".

That said, we're not going to have an army of $300. per hour lawyers fly into Illinois to begin counting chads with this are we ?

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

Maybe there will be no scores 'officially' posted on DCI.org?