Who has the most thunderous goo?

"GOO" varies from show to show. The "GOO" keepers in the stands with the IPADS are supposed to keep that in check. Of the 13 shows I've been to so far, each corps has had recurring breakouts of "GOO". Hopefully by August They'll learn to get the "GOO" under control.

The funniest thing about this ridiculous "goo" nonsense that keeps sprouting new threads is that everyone who is whining about thinks all corps have it except for "Their" corps. lol

My corps had it turned up way, way too loud at the show that was in the theaters.

Theyve since acknowledged and corrected that though.

Edited by AlexL

I read the title to this thread and suddenly had a vision of Jim Lange asking this question to a contestant on The Dating Game ("...Bachelor #1, or Bachelor #2?")

Mental Note: Stop eating a bowl of Quisp cereal as a midnight snack...

Edited by TRacer

I am amazed that nobody has mentioned Madison yet.

Their synths obviously add to so much of their low end and overall sound

"GOO" varies from show to show. The "GOO" keepers in the stands with the IPADS are supposed to keep that in check. Of the 13 shows I've been to so far, each corps has had recurring breakouts of "GOO". Hopefully by August They'll learn to get the "GOO" under control.

My understanding was that they weren't allowed remote soundboard control until next year...

can threads and topics like this be considered "thunderous goo"

I'm actually getting mad at myself for waisting my time reading the same old stuff

I think sound balance is a pretty integral part of the drum corps aural presentation and how corps handle it is critical, and ought to show up in the scores (not saying that it does or doesn't, how would we know?). Thunderous Goo is the newest addition to the instrumentation, so it gets a lot of discussion.

If suddenly every corps started using a totally new brass instrument very prominently throughout their show in a way that radically changed the sound of the corps, wouldn't we discuss it a lot? Shouldn't we?

• Like 1

I think sound balance is a pretty integral part of the drum corps aural presentation and how corps handle it is critical, and ought to show up in the scores (not saying that it does or doesn't, how would we know?). Thunderous Goo is the newest addition to the instrumentation, so it gets a lot of discussion.

If suddenly every corps started using a totally new brass instrument very prominently throughout their show in a way that radically changed the sound of the corps, wouldn't we discuss it a lot? Shouldn't we?

I agree with you......this was kind of what I was trying to say with my second post in this thread

My understanding was that they weren't allowed remote soundboard control until next year...

It's in full effect. Lots of corps are doing it.

Hop is right, Cadets' thunderous goo is not over the top. It's under the bottom. A couple octaves. I actually kinda feel sorry for the contra players. Can't hear them at the "synth impact points".

But.. in their defense, pretty much all the corps are into the thunderous gooing. To me anyway, it seemed like PR and Cadets were more thundery and gooey than the others in the top 12.

FWIW, the contra players probably don't feel bad. . .so no worries. :tongue: That hornline plays their stones off! IMHO, to my ears the balance between that ferocious Cadets hornline and the synth bass is tasteful. I think their intention is to add as much velocity to the ensemble sound with electronic contribution. Just my 2 cents, but I hear the audio as being well within the realm of what is aesthetically acceptable.

I'm more upset there is still goo in the hornlines than in the electronics. That is far more egregious to me.