fans sitting on their hands

At all the shows I've been at this year, the crowd does not seem to want to give it up for corps. I feel like ridiculous standing during shows while it seems that the rest of the stands are softer than a cricket. What gives!!

At all the shows I've been at this year, the crowd does not seem to want to give it up for corps. I feel like ridiculous standing during shows while it seems that the rest of the stands are softer than a cricket. What gives!!

You need to go to some different shows, perhaps?

• Like 2

I got yelled at by some fans during the Carolina Crown show in Minny.

After the last break in the action the pit (and the rest of the corps) just begs the people in the stands to get up and yell and clap along....I did. And I got thumped.

....but I will do it again!!!!

Too many stuffy people attending shows OR maybe its the HOT WEATHER?????

• Like 4

Yes, but I also don't think every show needs a standing ovation. It gets a little tired around here when after every show people stand up, a lot of time just out of habit, and aren't REALLY showing respect for the corps. Perhaps every show just isn't AMAZING!@#$! Give credit where credit is due... Not just because everyone is a winner. I dunno.

Edited by SCVsopAaron
  • Like 3

I never worry about what others may think when I want to give praise to different corps...The Boston area shows like Lawrence coming up on August 4th always have great crowds...and also Allentown is pretty good in years past as well...DCI actually encourages us to stand up and cheer for the corps, so I don't think the decorum is to sit like I'm watching an Opera...lol...I guess its a tough crowd where you went to your shows...

Yes, but I also don't think every show needs a standing ovation. It gets a little tired around here when after every show people stand up, a lot of time just out of habit, and aren't REALLY showing respect for the corps. Perhaps every show just isn't AMAZING!@#$! Give credit where credit is due... Not just because everyone is a winner. I dunno.

EVERY show deserves respect at its conclusion - every show I will stand at the end, even if it is the Blue Saints! But only the best 2 or 3 favorite shows get an ovation during the show.

THOSE are few and far between right now.

Ive been to like...15 shows!

EVERY show deserves respect at its conclusion - every show I will stand at the end, even if it is the Blue Saints! But only the best 2 or 3 favorite shows get an ovation during the show.

THOSE are few and far between right now.

Well, we're very different in this regard then. To each his own.

Got to stretch your legs sometime :ph34r:

• Like 2

It's a Drum Corps show not a symphony. Clapping with gloved muffled hands doesn't cut it. If somebody wants to stand up and freak out I'm good with that.