Cascades Equipment Truck Crash

Aw man, Kurt -- this sucks.

My heart goes out to you Cascades. As a fellow Northwesty, I know how difficult the road is us NW folks travel to get a group out on the road. It's an unfortunate situation with no easy answer. Being that you're in Texas, I wonder if any of the larger bands down there would loan out their trailer and any necessary equipment for the duration of the season?

Please, keep us posted and hang in there.

Hey Josh, thanks for the support.

Since this is DCP and YOU KNOW how much I love the activity. I must say that I have cried a couple of times during the last 24 hours.

A couple of great individuals have donated $100 each to the Cascades with no connection to us at all! That has made me well up with emotion.

I know that OC is working so hard to be world class and you guys are doing wonderfully, but, I must tell you, the bottom of world class is the most ungrateful, unappreciative scenario anyone could experience. I have seen the top with the Madison Scouts, I have seen the high of growing from one class to another with Cascades 01-02, but this is really really diifficult. So enjoy it while you can, because the bottom of world class will test all of your adults and students to their emotional, intellectual and physical limits.

The Cascades (and a handful of adults) have been busting for the last three years to move forward. Can you imagine Ron, Pat and Sean prying open semi doors in 100 degree TX heat, taking everything out, inventory, photos, documenting, assessing, then reloading everything to a Penske rental, all while trying communicate with the outside world, securing everything the corps needs and making sure the students are taken care of today? Then they gutted the cabinets, bins, rails, etc......! It is so impressive, that I can't help but get emotional. Thank you guys, I am so honored to be in your company.

Drum corps is a strange addiction.

• Like 7

Hey Josh, thanks for the support.

Since this is DCP and YOU KNOW how much I love the activity. I must say that I have cried a couple of times during the last 24 hours.

A couple of great individuals have donated $100 each to the Cascades with no connection to us at all! That has made me well up with emotion.

I know that OC is working so hard to be world class and you guys are doing wonderfully, but, I must tell you, the bottom of world class is the most ungrateful, unappreciative scenario anyone could experience. I have seen the top with the Madison Scouts, I have seen the high of growing from one class to another with Cascades 01-02, but this is really really diifficult. So enjoy it while you can, because the bottom of world class will test all of your adults and students to their emotional, intellectual and physical limits.

The Cascades (and a handful of adults) have been busting for the last three years to move forward. Can you imagine Ron, Pat and Sean prying open semi doors in 100 degree TX heat, taking everything out, inventory, photos, documenting, assessing, then reloading everything to a Penske rental, all while trying communicate with the outside world, securing everything the corps needs and making sure the students are taken care of today? Then they gutted the cabinets, bins, rails, etc......! It is so impressive, that I can't help but get emotional. Thank you guys, I am so honored to be in your company.

Drum corps is a strange addiction.

I couldn't agree with you more..... And while Cascades is scoring at the lower end of the world class, The staff and members and all who work with this drum corps are at the top in dedication and devotion To Cascades.

Actually, Pearl has not been very helpful wth this whole ordeal. They sent some used/beat up tenors to and snare hardware. Cascades has some broken snare shells and thats what has to be used for now. So much for being "sponsored......." I really hope Cascades switches to Dynasty next year, because I'm sure they would treat this situation much differently.

I think this is perhaps not the best choice for your first post on these forums, especially without any introduction as to who you are.

I wish all the best to the Cascades. I remember seeing them in 2002 and being so impressed - and also realizing that they were about to take my own corps down to Chinatown. I hope they can get through this as best they can and get back into the mix as soon as possible.

Chris

• Like 1

I think this is perhaps not the best choice for your first post on these forums, especially without any introduction as to who you are.

I wish all the best to the Cascades. I remember seeing them in 2002 and being so impressed - and also realizing that they were about to take my own corps down to Chinatown. I hope they can get through this as best they can and get back into the mix as soon as possible.

Chris

I'm gonna agree with that...