Favorite part of Boston 2011

Lots to like in Boston's show. For me, the drill where the horn line and drum line split and headed to the opposite end zones was the most effective of their many otherwise effective moves. In general, I was impressed with the color guard. Beautiful colors in the flags and lots of unison equipment work performed beautifully. I don't recall the horn line being "enhanced" with a lot of electronics. And, the baritone solo was just gorgeous.

My only regret is that if the TOC happens next year, Boston and my boys in Madison might not be competing against each other as much. They've formed a healthy rivalry and partnership both on and off the field which I thought was a win-win for both corps. I would have been perfectly happy if both corps tied for 8th.

- The whistling leading into the a capella of "Do You Hear the People Sing" :music:

- Opening hit :thumbup:

- GORGEOUS baritone solo :inlove:

- 1812 & Les Mis! :w00t:

Ok wow, I pretty much liked everything about this show. When was the last time I liked a whole Boston (Or ANYTHING Boston, GO LAKERS!) production? Must've been Red back in 2003. :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

• Like 2

Lots to like in Boston's show. For me, the drill where the horn line and drum line split and headed to the opposite end zones was the most effective of their many otherwise effective moves. In general, I was impressed with the color guard. Beautiful colors in the flags and lots of unison equipment work performed beautifully. I don't recall the horn line being "enhanced" with a lot of electronics. And, the baritone solo was just gorgeous.

My only regret is that if the TOC happens next year, Boston and my boys in Madison might not be competing against each other as much. They've formed a healthy rivalry and partnership both on and off the field which I thought was a win-win for both corps. I would have been perfectly happy if both corps tied for 8th.

' Agree on all points here.

Another" favorite part of the Boston Crusaders 2011 " that must make their organization, fans, and alums proud is the selection of Tom Spataro,the Boston Crusaders Corps Director, as " DCI Corps Director of the Year ".

This is quite an honor. It demonstrates that he has the respect and admiration of his peers within the membership ranks of DCI. He's also quite young. He might very well be the youngest World Class Division Corps Director to ever receive this honor, and this follows up his last year's elevation to being voted onto the DCI Executive Board of Directors in DCI by the DCI Membership. He marched ( as DM )with Boston about 10 years ago and took over the leadership reigns of the Corps a few years ago, and has done a terrific job with Boston since he has been at the helm. He's born and raised in Boston and has developed better ties with BAC alums in the area and this has helped in fund raising and in other areas. The Boston Crusaders seem to be in good hands for the future with this young and capable Corps Director that they have.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 4

I was out in Indy and I was wondering what will happen also. from what I gathered thru the grapevine was that falling out of the top 8 for 1 year does does disqualify you from marching TOC the next year. A few "out of the elite eight" years would be needed. If this is true or not, I really have no idea.

Let us suppose that TOC eligibilty is based not on this year's ranking but on the average position of the past two years:

Boston Crusaders -- (8+9)/2 = 8.5

Blue Stars -- (11+8)/2 = 9

Wait, wait, how about the average of the past three years?

Boston Crusaders -- (8+9+7)/3 = 8

Blue Stars -- (11+8+8)/3 = 9

I know -- let's make it the average of the past four years!

Boston Crusaders -- (8+9+7+10)/4 = 8.25

Blue Stars -- (11+8+8+8)/4 = 8.75

So unless the 2010 rankings are given some special privilege over other years, I think Boston will have to be offered Blue Stars' place in the TOC next year.

Also, am I right that Boston used less synthesizer than any other corps? No goo, as far as I can remember hearing, and only a few unnecessary sound effects before the martial section.

Blue Knights and SCV maybe? I know BK added some synth as the season went on. Boston's bugged me more than BK and SCV's anyway. Phantom's show had a lot of synth or very little depending on the angle you heard it from--less was always better in my estimation. None of it added to the show.

Another" favorite part of the Boston Crusaders 2011 " that must make their organization, fans, and alums proud is the selection of Tom Spataro,the Boston Crusaders Corps Director, as " DCI Corps Director of the Year ".

This is quite an honor. It demonstrates that he has the respect and admiration of his peers within the membership ranks of DCI. He's also quite young. He might very well be the youngest World Class Division Corps Director to ever receive this honor, and this follows up his last year's elevation to being voted onto the DCI Executive Board of Directors in DCI by the DCI Membership. He marched ( as DM )with Boston about 10 years ago and took over the leadership reigns of the Corps a few years ago, and has done a terrific job with Boston since he has been at the helm. He's born and raised in Boston and has developed better ties with BAC alums in the area and this has helped in fund raising and in other areas. The Boston Crusaders seem to be in good hands for the future with this young and capable Corps Director that they have.

Yes BRASSO you are right on. And may I add. A couple of top 5 and a few wold championships. This would stimulate the young peoples interest / enthusiasm from the Northeast and in return help the music programs in the Northeast. IMO.

I know this has been said before, but I loved their singing intro. I was really impressed with how loud they got, so even people in the last rows could hear them. Not saying the rest wasn't incredible, but that was just my favorite part.