Gadsden Den

Troopers where over scored again... Glassmen where underscored as was Spirit.

Quick! Somebody get DCI on the phone!! Tell 'em we've got a guy here who can get an accurate read on all 10 captions AT THE SAME TIME! What do we need 10 highly qualified judges for when we've got DavidWB!! Do you hear that DCI!? You are WASTING MONEY! Get this guy on a plane to Atlanta right now and you can let the rest of that panel go!

• Like 1

7 Colts 77.500

8 Crossmen 76.850

9 Pacific Crest 75.600

Looks like it's back on again between PC and Xmen with a hint of the Colts being in there too. Man it's just crazy this year! BRING IT ON PC!!!

Looks like it's back on again between PC and Xmen with a hint of the Colts being in there too. Man it's just crazy this year! BRING IT ON PC!!!

Come on! The Crossmen score hasn't moved in 10 days. If they are looking to put PC in the 17th spot, they should have done it last year. It kind of seems like they are punishing 2011 Xmen for last year's judging mistakes.

Edited by xbones7480

Come on! The Crossmen score hasn't moved in 10 days. If they are looking to put PC in the 17th spot, they should have done it last year. It kind of seems like they are punishing 2011 Xmen for last year's judging mistakes.

I completely agree. How can they say that a drum corps hasn't improved in over a week?????

Imagine that! The crowd loves them (XMEN) and no recognition in the scores. Isn't that what GE is?!? I don't get it either...

I don't think audience excitement factors in (this year anyway), BUT, I give the Crossmen big props for managing to put a 17th-ranked show on the field that audiences everywhere really really enjoy. That's exactly what corps at their level need to be doing. They need to attract talent to move up, and if talented kids in the audience who could make a top 12 corps instead fall in love with Crossmen because of the kinds of shows they do, then they will start moving up. And if they sell more swag because they're a crowd favorite, or they attract more people to smaller shows because audiences love the show, it's all for the benefit of their corps and DCI.

GO XMEN! :thumbup:

So, how was the attendance at this show? This is one of the shows that was affected by the whole TOC thing: ie no TOC corps on the program because (I assume) they are preparing for the Murfreesboro show tonight. Last year, this show had Bluecoats, SCV, and Cavies on the program even though they were all at Murf the following night. (Last year, too, there was a show in Milton, Florida that several of this year's Gadsden corps went to on the night of the Gadsden show--though I guess that's replaced by the Orlando show after Atlanta this year.)

I hope the crowd was just as big or bigger, because there were a lot of great shows out there tonight.

I think it's probably more a question of the judges figuring out the proper spreads between the corps (and I mean that in a professional, not conspiratorial way), rather than just the raw numbers. Remember that several corps - PC, Mandarins, and Surf - are just now getting into the competitive mix.

I say that as an alumni of PC but also as someone who is very much looking forward to seeing the new old Crossmen this weekend. The result doesn't matter much to me as long as they both have great shows.

So, how was the attendance at this show?

It looked like there was a pretty big and appreciative crowd. It wasn't packed, but I'm sure there were more fans than empty seats. I can't compare to last year as I didn't go--went to the TN show.

Quick! Somebody get DCI on the phone!! Tell 'em we've got a guy here who can get an accurate read on all 10 captions AT THE SAME TIME! What do we need 10 highly qualified judges for when we've got DavidWB!! Do you hear that DCI!? You are WASTING MONEY! Get this guy on a plane to Atlanta right now and you can let the rest of that panel go!

+1