Can anyone else detect which corps Michael Boo dislikes?

Did you read my glowing Download of the Week on that very show a few weeks ago on DCI.org? I've had over 20 years to digest it and watching it with contemporary eyes brings a whole new context. It was my way of saying I now "get it."

Boy, you guys have long memories.

C'mon now Mike, it was totally sarcastic! You and I have discussed this on this here very website!

And yes, your DLOTW review was VERY cool. I was just pulling your leg, since I know (at least I think I do) where you are coming from.

And what, no comment on cheese? :tongue:

Uh, I don't think you're going to see me write a corps is flat or boring...unless I decide it's my last day of association with DCI. If that ever happens, unplug the Internet access of children and more sensitive readers. :)

I'd like to point out I do PR for DCI, not journalism. There are many fine writers who do that quite well and I salute them for their efforts.

I won't be everything to everyone, but I do hope I'm always Boo for those who can't find their weekly allotment of Boo anywhere else, especially since Kmart has been selling counterfeit Boo and Walmart replaced its Boo with clam dip.

CLAM DIP?>@!???!?!

Ok, that's it. I am NEVER walking into a Walmart again!

Well, at least until I need some bedding for my daughter's guinea pig... they sell the stuff there cheap. But OTHER THAN THAT!!!!...

One of Bennett Cerf's humor books had a story about some celebrity -- a newspaper columnist, maybe? -- of earlier years who had a form letter ready for people who spent a penny on a postcard to complain about something he'd written.

The text was:

"Dear Sir or Madam:

You may be right.

Sincerely yours,

xxxxx"

Even easier in these cut-and-paste days! thumbup.gif

Uh, I don't think you're going to see me write a corps is flat or boring...unless I decide it's my last day of association with DCI. If that ever happens, unplug the Internet access of children and more sensitive readers. :)

I'd like to point out I do PR for DCI, not journalism. There are many fine writers who do that quite well and I salute them for their efforts.

I won't be everything to everyone, but I do hope I'm always Boo for those who can't find their weekly allotment of Boo anywhere else, especially since Kmart has been selling counterfeit Boo and Walmart replaced its Boo with clam dip.

It's our favorite Boo; YOU! thumbup.gif

boo.jpg

I now come in sugar-free liquid form. However, the Boo suppositories have been removed from the shelves by the FDA. They said too many kids were buying them for the ennui-inducing effects. .

1973.gif

C'mon now Mike, it was totally sarcastic! You and I have discussed this on this here very website!

And yes, your DLOTW review was VERY cool. I was just pulling your leg, since I know (at least I think I do) where you are coming from.

And what, no comment on cheese? :tongue:

Cheese is always implied. And forgive me...my defenses are down, or up, or sidewaya, or maybe even perpendicular.

Just curious, MIchael Boo, are you a full-time DCI employee? Or....do you have another job outside of Drum Corps?

Thanks so much,

Hugs and Kisses!

P.S. I think DCI needs a counter editorial writer, like Siskel and Ebert.

Although I live in Indiana and was in the stste before DCI, I'm up by Chicago. I also compose music and am a secret agent for the CIA, but don't tell anyone about me being a composer...I prefer the CIA thinks I am a member of a terrorist cell set on ridding the USA of "Saved by the Bell" reruns.

I'd like the man better if he'd actually include something about me in his next write-up for DCI.

Ya know...like you said you were going to do already!?!?

E-mail me your specifics and I'll work you in the Prelims blog in lieu of posting a photo of a salamander just to break things up. (That was a cool photo of a Humboldt Squid near the end of the Atlanta blog, wasn't it?)