Can anyone else detect which corps Michael Boo dislikes?

Mike Boo is the Dick Vitale of drum corps. He's a tireless drum corps enthusiast and promoter. You need an extra insulin injection to get through all the syrup-y sugar he doles out. He couldn't be more positive about drum corps. He's the kind of guy, when Rome was burning, who would be first in line to proclaim "roasted marshmallows over here everyone - it's GREAT".

Better get a T.O. BABY !!!!!!!!!

LOVE IT! Dick Vitale and marshmallows. I'm waiting for my plane and you made my day.

Not at all. He just doesn't dislike any of them.

You hit the nail on the head. I do love all the corps. They're responsible foe me having the time of my life, plus they help keep me off the street. And believe me, if I was on the street, I'd actually be on the street!

Honestly? Michael Boo is one of the few people on here whose opinion i respect. Even though he's a proud Cavalier alumni, he still doesn't show favoritism towards them.

Michael Boo FTW

Personally I think Mr. Boo is the most fair and objective individual in the entire drum corps activity.

Besides ME of course. :rolleyes:

I gave you a plus-one for that fair and objective comment. :tongue:

All the splendid things being said about Mr. Boo might be correct, I don't know him. But what I am asking for is the same amount of effort describing shows, execution for all corps.

Mike, you should do a seminar at the judges caucus on how to find the good in every corps. Between you and Michael (oof, not much room there!), DCI's goal of fan friendly shows with fair and balanced ajudication would be achieved!

Garry in Vegas

All the splendid things being said about Mr. Boo might be correct, I don't know him. But what I am asking for is the same amount of effort describing shows, execution for all corps.

There is an author you might like for this purpose. I'm not sure of his exact name but it is something like "Ree Capp" and his balanced opinions can usually be found on dci.org. I think you will find Mr. Capp devotes the same amount of effort to each corps in that regard.

Honestly? Michael Boo is one of the few people on here whose opinion i respect. Even though he's a proud Cavalier alumni, he still doesn't show favoritism towards them.

Michael Boo FTW

So, the rest of your post are not honest ?

There is an author you might like for this purpose. I'm not sure of his exact name but it is something like "Ree Capp" and his balanced opinions can usually be found on dci.org. I think you will find Mr. Capp devotes the same amount of effort to each corps in that regard.

I like Mr. Capp. He is informative, but he doesn't tell me anything other than a number, and that is annoying. If Mr. Capp would give us his recorded comments, I'd like him a lot more. I'd like to point out we all argue on this forum about Mr. Capp's thoughts as well. Mr. Boo, by being a person blogging on an official site, is be accorded the same amount of criticism that we give Mr. Capp. I'd like to know the emotional performance of every corp. I'd like to know if the brass line is sounding flat, I'd like to know if he thinks if a corp is boring at a show. I just want the same amount of effort for each corps.

I certainly try to do so, but on certain days, certain shows are easier to discuss...certain brain cells go on strike at once, certain fingers say, "That's it...We need a break, and certain muscle groups go dead from sitting for so long. It's also hard to focus in on execution when I'm trying to find something to say about all elements. Plus, last night, my computer crashed twice during performances and I had to reboot before continuing. I'm not saying these things to make excuses, but everything I write is not going to be sent to the Pulizter committee.