Erie August 7th

Drum Corps Nation thanks for reporting on the standstills, I'm sure the 3 corps put on a good show and were disappointed not to actually march!! Would be lovely if you'd report on the English Knights in Massillon:-) I am sure it will be good with some great corps there as well!!

Wes P

Best part of this night was in the Parking lot when Crossmen and Spirit did a mass brass.

• Like 2

Best part of this night was in the Parking lot when Crossmen and Spirit did a mass brass.

While that was a great moment, it happened while other corps were performing and could be heard in the stadium. I know it wasn't intentional, but, considering how many warm-ups could be heard from the stadium, both corps should have considered that when they chose to play to one another last night.

While that was a great moment, it happened while other corps were performing and could be heard in the stadium. I know it wasn't intentional, but, considering how many warm-ups could be heard from the stadium, both corps should have considered that when they chose to play to one another last night.

I hear drumlines EVERY year at Allentown during shows...I do agree with you though.

I hear drumlines EVERY year at Allentown during shows...I do agree with you though.

Is it me or are warm-up zones getting closer and closer to stadiums in general?

BAC played " California Dreamin'" ( song written about migration from east to west, and back and forth, and sense of loss, etc ), as well as "Conquest " for a few years in competition back before DCI was formed. BAC plays these 2 tradition based songs usually in full encores as well as a song from their current show.

As for what " east coast ", " west coast ", or " mid west, or " southern Corps " play, there has never been a heavy geographical consideration or restriction to what songs Corps play that I've ever been aware of ( Madison... a " midwest Corps " plays "Empire State ( NY ) of Mind " this year for just one example. ), so you sort of lost me on what you meant on " California Dreamin' " being played by an " east coast Corps " as being anything at all... " Odd ". Oh well, no big deal. I enjoy all the Corps encores, and never think about geography when I hear music played, but to each his own as to what is " odd " and what isn't.

I wasn't saying that I didn't like it. Just thought it was a bit odd. I spent some time working with Boston in the early 2000s, and while I was there, no one ever mentioned the corps had any connection to the song "California Dreamin'" They were, however, known as the Beast of the East. I am not an expert on the history of the Boston Crusaders though.

I wasn't saying that I didn't like it. Just thought it was a bit odd. no one ever mentioned the corps had any connection to the song "California Dreamin'"

Boston played " California Dreamin' " in show competitions 5 different years. In '70, '74, '77, '84, and '85... and in encores the last few years as well. It seemed " odd " to you because you didn't know that.... but now you do, and so now its probably not so " odd " to you to know why they play this song in encores sometimes now.

Edited by BRASSO

I wasn't saying that I didn't like it. Just thought it was a bit odd. I spent some time working with Boston in the early 2000s, and while I was there, no one ever mentioned the corps had any connection to the song "California Dreamin'" They were, however, known as the Beast of the East. I am not an expert on the history of the Boston Crusaders though.

Being a former member of BAC myself...I played "California Dreamin'" as encore stuff in 1990 for the 50th Anniversary Season...In addition, the corps played "California Dreamin'" in 1970, 1973, 1974, 1977, 1984, and 1985 shows...Sounds very appropriate to me...

Not odd at all...

Boston played " California Dreamin' " in show competitions 5 different years. In '70, '74, '77, '84, and '85... and in encores the last few years as well. It seemed " odd " to you because you didn't know that.... but now you do, and so now its probably not so " odd " to you to know why they play this song in encores sometimes now.

6 years BRASSO :tongue:

6 years BRASSO :tongue:

Mea culpa Liahona.

Some other info : Boston Crusaders has played " Conquest " 20 years in competition, ( the years between 1969-1998) and " El Capitan " 9 years in competition (the years between 1953- 1973 ). Different versions of each song were played at different stages.

Edited by BRASSO