Cavalcade Of Champions Program book

I read Tom Peashey's article with great interest, In the Cavalcade of champions program book,and found it very informative. However, what I found very out of line, was the reference to many corps, their locations, and no mention of the Reading Buccaneers 6 undefeated seasons and the winning of 6 DCA Championships.

Tom did refer to the Renegades, Minnesota Brass, Govenaires and other great corps about their fine performances,what they are doing, and their wonderful contributions to the overall success of DCA.

I say is this a flub or a snub? C'mon Tom, you and DCA are suposedly a fair group, what were you thinking? Surely it was an oversight. It had to be for sure!

Drumbo

Edited by Drumbo

I read Tom Peashey's article with great interest, In the Cavalcade of champions program book,and found it very informative. However, what I found very out of line, was the reference to many corps, their locations, and no mention of the Reading Buccaneers 6 undefeated seasons and the winning of 6 DCA Championships.

Tom did refer to the Renegades, Minnesota Brass, Govenaires and other great corps about their fine performances,what they are doing, and their wonderful contributions to the overall success of DCA.

I say is this a flub or a snub? C'mon Tom, you and DCA are suposedly a fair group, what were you thinking? Surely it was an oversight. It had to be for sure!

Drumbo

I know,................I kinda wished he would have mentioned my mom's chocolate chip cookie recipe too,...............

I know,................I kinda wished he would have mentioned my mom's chocolate chip cookie recipe too,...............

and the Brigs run. And Sun's run in the 80's. oh and Cabs in the 70's. Let's not forget the one hit wonders too, as well as the come from behind miracles.

I forget anything else that Tom forgot?

:rolleyes:

Drumbo

First off, if you'll read the article again, you'll very quickly see that it was written a couple of years ago.

Perhaps more to your point, however, is the section on Page 29 - The Decade of the 2000's. There's reference to the Brigadier juggernaut through 2002, Hawthorne in 2003, and then Empire in 2004. It then says, "...and then began what has become the most dominant run in DCA history. From 2005 until 2009, DCA's first champion, The Reading Buccaneers have ruled the victory circle in unprecedented fashion."

What more did you want????

I guess they read what they want and stop there ?No mention of the Fence ?

I guess they read what they want and stop there ?No mention of the Fence ?

that's just a sin.

Maybe Peashey will be in Kingston - and we can hang him from the goal post during the intermission.

That better be a strong goal post !

• Like 1