Mikey's Atlanta Show Scores

What's RAMD?

In a place not far away was a drum corps newsgroup "rec. arts marching drum corps". It was the wild wild west of drum corps chat. It was almost everything DCP is, but no holds barred, profanity laced, put up or shut up arguments and rants. George Dixon was a poster that got sick and tired of not being able to have a conversation about drum corps without being cursed out, made fun of, and in gereral treated like XXXX.

One woman was known for her endless rants and turning every thread into something dear to her but always far away from the OP.

George Dixon created DCP to give people a nice place to discuss drum corps without the inmates from the asyslem ( and there were MANY mental patiends on RAMD ) and a place where cursing would be prohibited.

It became a vast, endless cesspool but, I must say, there were some VERY FUNNY moments and posters. It really was a trial by fire and many people peed their panties and ran away. It was like being stuck on an endless tour with both the best and worst people you marched with. If you didn't "know" your stuff you were called out on it and bashed for days. When "certain people" posted, the vultures perched just waiting for him. The "in the know" posters tracked ISP and soon there was a list going around as to what sceen names were certain posters' SOCK PUPPETS Imagine people here having say 20 different screen names.

Dwayne Dowdy where are you ?

Wisconsin Woman arrested for skinning Dalmations to make a Kilt.!!

The Funniest thread I've ever read )

In a place not far away was a drum corps newsgroup "rec. arts marching drum corps". It was the wild wild west of drum corps chat. It was almost everything DCP is, but no holds barred, profanity laced, put up or shut up arguments and rants. George Dixon was a poster that got sick and tired of not being able to have a conversation about drum corps without being cursed out, made fun of, and in gereral treated like XXXX.

One woman was known for her endless rants and turning every thread into something dear to her but always far away from the OP.

George Dixon created DCP to give people a nice place to discuss drum corps without the inmates from the asyslem ( and there were MANY mental patiends on RAMD ) and a place where cursing would be prohibited.

It became a vast, endless cesspool but, I must say, there were some VERY FUNNY moments and posters. It really was a trial by fire and many people peed their panties and ran away. It was like being stuck on an endless tour with both the best and worst people you marched with. If you didn't "know" your stuff you were called out on it and bashed for days. When "certain people" posted, the vultures perched just waiting for him. The "in the know" posters tracked ISP and soon there was a list going around as to what sceen names were certain posters' SOCK PUPPETS Imagine people here having say 20 different screen names.

Dwayne Dowdy where are you ?

Wisconsin Woman arrested for skinning Dalmations to make a Kilt.!!

The Funniest thread I've ever read )

Edited by somerville

Wow, fascinating. It is still around?

T archives are worth reading through for laughs but the 10 or so posters who post there are just keeping in contact with each other. Mostly ghosts hanging around a bad accident scene

Look up Georgie the pixxed off poster, My dedication to George

I'm impressed you can judge every caption fairly and evenly from your seat in the stands. Although, around here it seems to be a common talent.

I'm "impressed" that he thinks a single person can generate a meaningful score with a precision requiring a fraction...

Edited by Dale R. Hall
  • Like 1

I tried to read some of it but it was formatted so bad.

I never knew about this. Interesting.

Some of you have a really long history together.

Is DCP a full-time position for some here? Does it produce revenue?

I would find it interesting to learn about how Drum Corps Planet became what is today. It's relationship with corps, corps directors etc. Also, details on readership stats, it's effect on the activity as well on even how shows are designed. Specifically, does DCI and Designers give credence to what is written here and respond or even "change" based off feedback written here.

I believe this is a labor of love for most but with all the time and energy involved it would be nice to know if there was some sort of revenue.

A posting on the history would be very interesting...to me at least.

Also, a history of some of the notorious characters would be interesting.

Their bios, contributions, marching experience, mental state, where they are today. How many or who came over from RAMD and how many were "banned" and why.

Do you guys hang out outside of here, at shows or over a beer or dinner?

I guess what I am saying is a historical document would be kind of cool.

I tried to read some of it but it was formatted so bad.

I never knew about this. Interesting.

Some of you have a really long history together.

Is DCP a full-time position for some here? Does it produce revenue?

I would find it interesting to learn about how Drum Corps Planet became what is today. It's relationship with corps, corps directors etc. Also, details on readership stats, it's effect on the activity as well on even how shows are designed. Specifically, does DCI and Designers give credence to what is written here and respond or even "change" based off feedback written here.

I believe this is a labor of love for most but with all the time and energy involved it would be nice to know if there was some sort of revenue.

A posting on the history would be very interesting...to me at least.

Hopkins does post on here once in awhile and some staff and directors sometimes read through posts, but for the most part they try not to get involved in the BS that goes on here.